AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 150399 times)

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #160 on: December 19, 2006, 12:14:03 am
when there's morality and right and wrongs.. there aren't any exceptions to killing, either it is right or it is wrong.. killing a person is no more right or wrong than killing an animal. We tend to disconnect and make exceptions in order to believe certain things are ok, when in fact they are not.
I would like to see the day when some scientists comes and proves consciousness exists within each animal..

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #161 on: December 19, 2006, 12:16:34 am
The human's position in the evolutionary pathway is a hotly contested issue, I don't believe any of us have the authority of knowledge on the issue. Kon's... thoughts on the morality of meat-eating are I guess maybe of interest to most, I find that rhetoric empty when approached from the angle he's doing it. I'd be interested in a debate over the inherent moral charge in the manipulation of natural resources, be them alive or not, by humans, but not from the vegeterian point of view. I fear I've been online enough to have exhausted any interest in that sort of debate by now.

when there's morality and right and wrongs.. there aren't any exceptions to killing, either it is right or it is wrong.. killing a person is no more right or wrong than killing an animal. We tend to disconnect and make exceptions in order to believe certain things are ok, when in fact they are not.

Anyone who considers morality in absolute terms hasn't got much to discuss with. I am afraid I don't agree with you and that's that.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #162 on: December 19, 2006, 12:24:20 am
well, if you believe the act of killing is wrong, and then go kill or support killing, then somehow you are disconnecting from that belief while you partake in the bad so that you dont take on the shame in doing it. You can't have any exceptions in a moral disposition, because they'd simply be a method of taking a blind eye towards one side. This hoewever doesnt mean that doing bad makes you bad, simply that you did a bad thing, and people don't even want to admit their fault and instead continue doing bad things in an effort to somehow make it be right.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #163 on: December 19, 2006, 12:27:38 am
I think right and wrong are human inventions that serve social purposes.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #164 on: December 19, 2006, 12:28:18 am
stuff dies.  we eat it.  end of.

Offline goat

• bl33t
    • View Profile

Reply #165 on: December 19, 2006, 12:28:49 am
I think right is a word preachy people use to describe themselves, and wrong is a word they use to describe everyone else.
typing ewith fdace

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #166 on: December 19, 2006, 12:31:46 am
I think right and wrong is a reality of polarity. A mechanism of direction. It is a real thing which is percieved.

Offline goat

• bl33t
    • View Profile

Reply #167 on: December 19, 2006, 12:34:01 am
I might have agreed at one point, but people toss the words around so much that they've lost a lot of meaning.  Before you decide if doing (or not doing) something is right or wrong, you have to ask yourself: at the end of the day, does it matter? :p if not, then right and/or wrong don't really apply.
typing ewith fdace

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #168 on: December 19, 2006, 12:38:10 am
does it matter or does it not..

with every polarity, you have something which is, and another which is it's reflection.. You can either choose to go with the illusion, or you can go with the reality.. It's up to you since it is in your perception.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #169 on: December 19, 2006, 12:38:36 am

I'd eat my cat if I were hungry. And I love my cat!

I think right and wrong is a reality of polarity. A mechanism of direction. It is a real thing which is percieved.

I am sorry, I do not understand this concept. 'Reality of polarity' seems a linguistic misuse if anything, and about 'reality' and 'sensory perception' perhaps you should do well to study a bit of epistemology.

with every polarity, you have something which is, and another which is it's reflection.. You can either choose to go with the illusion, or you can go with the reality.. It's up to you since it is in your perception.

If you're proposing some sort of mutable dualism, well... isn't that convinient? Everything you do is 'reality' and everything else you don't like other people doing is following illusions. I dunno where you get this stuff, but I fear it might be full of holes. But if it works for you, hey.

On a further note, I am no spelling nazi, but if we're going to discuss on this level, " it's " is short for "it is".
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 12:40:45 am by Helm »