AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 150389 times)

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #140 on: December 18, 2006, 08:57:49 pm
I think only about 1/10th of 1 percent of our calleries we use as fuel comes from protein, so we really don't need much of it.. and when we do need it, we can get it from plant sources..

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #141 on: December 18, 2006, 08:59:33 pm
Plants are living things too.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #142 on: December 18, 2006, 09:01:57 pm
That line about us not being ment to eat meat seems extremely unlikely.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #143 on: December 18, 2006, 09:18:00 pm
if you do a comparison between animals and study their similarities and differences, you'll notice how humans are closer to animals which eat fruits and veggies rather than meat..
http://www.organicathlete.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=185&Itemid=167

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #144 on: December 18, 2006, 09:21:17 pm
I was reading an article the other day in National Geographic about cannibal chimps. The oldest ones would eat their babies.

http://www.gotfuturama.com/Multimedia/EpisodeSounds/2ACV15/06.mp3
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 09:27:59 pm by mccow28 »

Offline Akzidenz

• Grotesk Bold
    • View Profile

Reply #145 on: December 18, 2006, 09:28:31 pm
Not that I disagree with anything you're saying, AHW - I'm one of those hypocrites who eats meat but plans on stopping "someday" - but trying to convert people to vegitarianism/veganism on a forum is usually about as successful as trying to get them to change religion or political affiliation.
que faire quand on a tout fait, tout lu, tout bu, tout mangé
tout donné en vrac et en détail
quand on a crié sur tous les toîts pleuré et ris dans les villes et en campagne

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #146 on: December 18, 2006, 09:31:37 pm
although i havent heard of that, i have heard that some chimps hunt other monkeys and share the meat, but it isn't for dietary purposes, rather its a form of defining where they are in their rank among their group..

oh, and Im aware of the difficulties in people which shrug it off, but I like to share what I hear, and if anyone listens, then thats good enough for me. its when people don't listen which disturbs me.. :P

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #147 on: December 18, 2006, 10:32:45 pm
Thing is, if someone lives entirely on fruit and green stuff, they're not gonna end up too healthy. Same with meat. We don't survive if we don't eat plenty of both.

I didn't read any links in this thread so far because my connection is THE MOST BROKEN THING I'VE EVER SEEN, but someone sent me this a long while ago and I remembered it when the meat/not meat thing came up. I recall finding it funny.

Guiltless grill? Is there any other kind?

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #148 on: December 18, 2006, 10:43:18 pm
Trying to convert people to vegitarianism/veganism on a forum is usually about as successful as trying to get them to change religion or political affiliation.

New discussion: Contact
http://static.flickr.com/74/214250715_94a16de50a_o.jpg

I rented this 2 days ago, it's very interesting, though i haven't gotten far into it.
Anyone played it before? What can you do over wifi? Why do the people take off their clothes so much?

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #149 on: December 18, 2006, 10:48:16 pm
curious, but what is it that you eat and drink? You can think you are in good shape and still be unhealthy..

I eat an assortment of things. I try my best to avoid fast food (and I do a pretty damn good job of it). I barely ever drink soda pop and alcohol. I'm not really one for candy. And against popular beliefe, I very rarely touch icecream.
I'm not only in good shape, but pretty healthy too. I get a ton of excersise by walking alone (my main choice of getting around in the city).

I know what you're trying to say. Too much meat isn't good for you. But isn't that safe to say about everything else as well? Everything in moderation, as they say, right?

there's nothing healthy about eating meat, infact, humans aren't meant to eat meat.

I disagree with both assumptions.
First, meat is quite healthy to eat. Can you argue that so many creatures around the globe who eat meat arn't eating healthy?

And second, humans are indeed meant to eat meat. If you examine the structure of our teeth, you'll see that it leans more towards carnivore rather than herbivore.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 10:50:32 pm by Ryona »