AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 150408 times)

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #120 on: December 18, 2006, 09:31:57 am
how inconsiderate  :'(
have you ever investigated where the meat came from?

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #121 on: December 18, 2006, 10:07:04 am
Cows and chickens and stuff.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #122 on: December 18, 2006, 10:13:56 am
how inconsiderate  :'(
have you ever investigated where the meat came from?

Well, it's not something I really worry about. Like, I eat and drink pretty healthy and I'm in good shape (dispite my procrastinating habbits. lol), so I'm not really concerned with the "evils" of eating meat. Not to mention that having some meat in your diet is healthy for humans (us being the omnivorous creatures we are).

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #123 on: December 18, 2006, 02:05:35 pm
When hungry, attack smaller animals and eat them.

But if your just hatin' cause she's a celebrity, and trying a go at metal

'hatin' where does this terminology come from? I saw her perform one song on the television and it was quite bad. I listen to Heavy Metal, not Nu Metal or the recent mallcore shit, so I could be out of the loop on what flavour of chugga-chugga is considered good this week, but hey, that's my call, and it has nothing to do with 'hatin' anything.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #124 on: December 18, 2006, 04:26:37 pm

I think that's enough to keep me a meat-eater for the rest of my life.

Offline Wolverine

• View Profile
    • Amon Design

Reply #125 on: December 18, 2006, 04:37:29 pm
Just a lil note to anyone who had been wondering about my old site (I notice st0ven's site still had the link to my dead at the top of his list), I should have a new site up soon but the focus is a bit different now.  The old one was just a quickly done piece of crap intended just so I had somewhere to upload and display my pixels and crap.  The new one will have various sections where the pixel art is just one of those.  The main new section is games I've been making.  None which are finished yet, but the current project I'm focusing on which is a NES style shooter (complete with actual NSF format tunes written by a friend of mine) will be available when I launch the new site.

Anyways point is, if there's anyone else like st0ven who still has a link button for my old site and wishes to update the link the new address is http://amon.houseofninzha.co.uk/

Currently theres just a place holder right there, which ain't much but it beats a dead link...  I guess

I dunno...

Am hungry.
keep on moving, lil dude...

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #126 on: December 18, 2006, 06:00:11 pm
I am gonna murder Skull now, for thinking that The Matrix was from the same book as the I, Robot movie (Also, I, Robot(The movie) is more like the other robot novels then ).

I'm a few days late.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #127 on: December 18, 2006, 06:05:10 pm

Currently theres just a place holder right there, which ain't much but it beats a dead link...  I guess

on Mac OS X the image is blurred automatically in safari.  perhaps - you can save it as a gif at that size rather than making it big with html.

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #128 on: December 18, 2006, 06:44:21 pm
Well, I was gonna say 'who cares about Mac users', but I decided against it. :P

None which are finished yet, but the current project I'm focusing on which is a NES style shooter (complete with actual NSF format tunes written by a friend of mine) will be available when I launch the new site.
That sounds pretty awesome. Care to share any more information? If you were to rush and finish, you could probably enter it in the Autofire contest at Shmup-dev. Providing it has autofire.

Offline Wolverine

• View Profile
    • Amon Design

Reply #129 on: December 18, 2006, 07:27:16 pm
on Mac OS X the image is blurred automatically in safari.  perhaps - you can save it as a gif at that size rather than making it big with html.

Ugh, that's a pain in the ass.  Felt sorta proud just learning how to resize pics in the html.  Does it blur when using zoom in things like on this forum?  And does Safari have a zoom function like the Firefox extension and does it blur with that too?

Well, I was gonna say 'who cares about Mac users', but I decided against it. :P
That sounds pretty awesome. Care to share any more information? If you were to rush and finish, you could probably enter it in the Autofire contest at Shmup-dev. Providing it has autofire.

Then it's already unable to be entered, as if I put autofire in it I don't think you'd be able to charge up the weapons anymore and I really like charging up shots.
keep on moving, lil dude...