AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 150414 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #100 on: December 16, 2006, 11:02:47 pm
It's okay, man :)

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #101 on: December 16, 2006, 11:09:20 pm
I would guess that the matrix is taken from a lot of stuff.....the ghost in the shell movie especially...
But its got elements of 1984 here and there.....and the entire story seems to be based on the allegory of the cave...

Just my opinion....no real fact to back any of that...
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #102 on: December 16, 2006, 11:17:44 pm
You could do worse than read Philip K. Dick, Grant Morisson's "The Invisibles" and yeah, a bit of Plato if you'd like to see where the Matrix came from.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #103 on: December 17, 2006, 12:29:23 am
Although, strangely enough, Will Smith had the role of Neo pitched to him to be in The Matrix and he didn't understand the idea and thought it would be a ridiculous movie, so he passed it up. Later on his wife, Jada Pinkett Smith, joined The Matrix as Niobe.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #104 on: December 17, 2006, 12:36:11 am
Later on his wife, Jada Pinkett Smith,

...also fronted an absurdly bad nu metal band for some entertainment show appearaces as I understand it

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #105 on: December 17, 2006, 12:40:30 am
Yes. She's part of Wicked Wisdom. It was part of the second stage at Ozzfest 2005.

Now, I don't like metal, especially nu metal, but even Wicked Wisdom sounds like it'd be so... embarrassingly bad.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #106 on: December 17, 2006, 09:31:23 am
Wicked Wisdom actually played in a town not too far from my home town, a while ago. My friend attended the concert, and informed me that they weren't that shabby. He touched her leg, when she be screamin' in the mic. Purely harmless though. By the by, I really hope that you're not hatin' on the band she's in, if you haven't listened to their songs yet. If you have listened to them, and it's not your thing, than thats cool. But if your just hatin' cause she's a celebrity, and trying a go at metal, then well...stop. It's better that she's actually givin' it a shot, rather than doing the classic RnB, or pop crossover.( bear in mind Nu metal acts don't exactly intrigue me as much, like: Slipknot, Mudvayne, Disturbed, Mushroom head, Bloodsimple, etc. Their ok, but not my thang'.)

I saw I Robot, and thought it was ok. I think Will Smith is an ok actor, just needs to grab a role where he is given a chance to go completely opposite of what he's normally playing(occasional one liners, accompanied by cat vs. mouse action flicks where cops are involved in some way...), like a vulnerable character that more people can relate to, rather than outgoing.As for other movies, I never did like Ali, though. I thought it was boring as hell.
But again, that's just me bieng a tool/hypocrite, since I do like some actors to stay in their type-casted roles, just for the loveability of the roles they play. For example, Christopher Walken. Always wierd as hell, no matter what movie he plays, but is actually no different in real life. He's just...awesome. Gotta love him.
By the by, has anyone else heard that Heath Ledger is playing the Joker? I don't think he's a bad actor, but he might be a little too off and young to replace good ole Jack Nickelson. I personally would have tried to cast Jude Law as the new joker. I mean come on. The guys clean smile says Joker all the way!

I'm gonna hush up now...needs me sleep, and can't wait to wake up tomorrow, to watch my fav' football team( Futbol Americano, that is) get their asses handed to them again. Good bye, play offs...dude, am I still talking? :crazy:...
my back hurts...

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Reply #107 on: December 17, 2006, 10:52:33 am
You could do worse than read Philip K. Dick, Grant Morisson's "The Invisibles" and yeah, a bit of Plato if you'd like to see where the Matrix came from.

Plato's Allegory of the Cave..  Man, that's grim.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #108 on: December 17, 2006, 02:41:39 pm
Although, strangely enough, Will Smith had the role of Neo pitched to him to be in The Matrix and he didn't understand the idea and thought it would be a ridiculous movie, so he passed it up. Later on his wife, Jada Pinkett Smith, joined The Matrix as Niobe.

If Will Smith was in it, it WOULD have been a ridiculous movie.

Offline pkmays

• dawn patrole mole
    • View Profile

Reply #109 on: December 17, 2006, 03:49:07 pm
Oh, and like anyone takes Keanu Reeves more seriously. Come on now.