AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 150502 times)

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #410 on: January 09, 2007, 09:09:07 am
GOAT IN!

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #411 on: January 09, 2007, 11:12:01 am
Maybe as a Challenge and Activity we could remake one of those games and make them better.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Mirre

• Pokémon Trainer
    • View Profile
    • LINNEART

Reply #412 on: January 09, 2007, 12:56:12 pm
We could also make a parody game that is a mix of Pokémon and Noah's Ark. "Gotta catch (2 of) 'em all!"

"I choose you, Sloth!"

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #413 on: January 09, 2007, 06:55:21 pm
Nah, making a christian game would be potentially offending to christians who don't like games, christians who don't like others' view of their beliefs, people of different beliefs, or people who simply dislike christians.

If a game must be made, make it a game where every major religion is included, and as many stereotypes are being thrown around as possible! Like a King of Fighters clone. Jesus could be in it, trying to make everyone stop fighting, and when they don't he gets himself nailed to a piece of wood! Buddha, who after overpowering his opponent sits under a tree and falls asleep! Mohammed, crawls out of his cave and fights in the name of god before blowing himself to pieces! The Pope could be in it, maybe even some Wiccan witches even though that's not a "real religion". And an atheist who believes himself superior to everyone else, then realizes that EVERYONE'S belief is wrong, including his own, and then... his head.. explodes!

Eh. I'm trying too hard... I don't actually know anything about religion. It's hard to be offensive when you don't know what's offensive and what's not...

But a game like that HAS to have a Trekkie, too.

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #414 on: January 09, 2007, 07:18:33 pm
But a game like that HAS to have a Trekkie, too.

And Miyamoto should be there too, for Nintendo fanboys like me :P

Offline dragonrc

• View Profile

Reply #415 on: January 09, 2007, 07:41:08 pm
YEAH FIRST REPLY ON THIS TOPIC

hope i get flamed away right away :D

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #416 on: January 09, 2007, 11:00:51 pm
We could also make a parody game that is a mix of Pokémon and Noah's Ark. "Gotta catch (2 of) 'em all!"

"I choose you, Sloth!"

"Tried to catch Dragon"

"..."

"Dragon got away"

And Miyamoto should be there too, for Nintendo fanboys like me :P

Finishing move: Increase gameplay value +10.

Spiritual Warfare could be an interesting idea for an RTS. Have to say, that Noah's Wolfenstein thing was pretty weird. And who would have thought Jesus spent his time jumping on logs... at a waterfall.

May I ask why all the animals for some reason fall a sleep when you knock them over the head with a boulder and whatnot? Do they intend to make me believe that acorns and rocks make for good sedatives? They could have made them knocked out. Wouldn't break the rules.

On a sidenote. I took some time reading some more on that 'Christian answers' page. There are some somewhat odd articles on gay marriage and the legitimacy of the bible. In one article, they describe how you can 'un-gay' someone, explaining the procedure disguised as an eating disorder and the moving a fridge. In another one, the bible's legitimacy is explained in part on the grounds that: "A book showing the perfect moral system can't be made by lies." Strikes me as a little weird, but a fun read at least. :P

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #417 on: January 09, 2007, 11:24:27 pm
Blasphemer! All lies!! Lies I tell you, LIES!!!

Just wait till I tell Jesus on you...
my back hurts...

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Reply #418 on: January 10, 2007, 01:07:39 am
I don't see Punaji anymore.  Did it leave?

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #419 on: January 10, 2007, 01:37:47 am
To be honest, Punaji.com always tends to not work(at least with me), especially recently. It's been going down. Every time I try to go to the website, it keeps acting as if the site never existed, and redirects me towards MSN search, or some crap. Tis a shame. It was actually a fun forum too.
my back hurts...