AuthorTopic: Need Second Opinion  (Read 1732 times)

Offline ichimo

• View Profile

Need Second Opinion

on: October 12, 2018, 12:09:42 pm
I believe my friend is right and I need to bend the knees more, but I'd just like to get a second opinion from people who've animated before.  This is an 8 frame sideways and diagonal-upward run cycles.

//edit
I changed the sideways animation so that its at less of an angle and made the knees bend more near the legs lifting up.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 12:45:01 am by ichimo »

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Re: Need Second Opinion

Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 12:40:00 pm
The sideways run also feels like a diagonal run because the far (black) buttock is consistently visible to the left of the front (grey) buttock.

The torso should move up and down with the run, as when the legs are extended, they're not pushing it upward. The lack of vertical motion may be what your friend meant about bending the knees more.

It may help you to draw the floor underneath the figure so that you can position the feet in a way that makes sense, as well as add a simple torso so you can more easily track its motion and rotation.

Offline ichimo

• View Profile

Re: Need Second Opinion

Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 10:11:06 pm
The sideways run also feels like a diagonal run because the far (black) buttock is consistently visible to the left of the front (grey) buttock.

The torso should move up and down with the run, as when the legs are extended, they're not pushing it upward. The lack of vertical motion may be what your friend meant about bending the knees more.

It may help you to draw the floor underneath the figure so that you can position the feet in a way that makes sense, as well as add a simple torso so you can more easily track its motion and rotation.
Yeah...  That's probably what he meant.  I guess I'll try redesigning my sideways sprite as well, at least for movement.