AuthorTopic: walking fat boy  (Read 1826 times)

Offline novanips

• View Profile

walking fat boy

on: October 08, 2018, 02:59:09 pm
me and my friend currently working on a game and i made this character , im still new at pixel art

backstory: I call this dude fatboy for now, he's part of a village that hasgroup of divine being and on the day his brother was born, ill omens came to the land , so he is forced out of the village, so he journeys with his brother on his back to find a mysical waterfall that can clense his brother but are constantly plagued by monster that want the dark power that resides in his brother.

this is based of my concept piece i did
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 01:44:18 am by novanips »

Offline Zanorin

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/177874.htm
    • BasmatiPixel
    • View Profile

Re: walking fat boy

Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 06:49:58 am
Really love your concept art, especially the eyes. Except the eyes are totally different on your pixel art version ! I would try to make them more similar to your original idea (i did a small edit below) ; also he looks much fatter in the pixel art compared to the concept art, you could try "trimming" him a bit.

Also, please do post your art at 1x zoom so it makes edits easier, the forum has a built-in zoom function when you click on an image :)
Half a noob figuring out stuff.

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/125138.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 08:35:32 am
I'm trying to get the idea behind this, purple guy in a hazard suit? That's as far as I got.

Other than this, fairly appealing design, concept art is rickety but the details are big and it translated well to pixel art. Animation needs way more polish, you'll get there but dude, just don't call it done yet :) Looks like he comes from the world of Rayman, maybe Pikmin, we'll have to see more of that universe to say for sure.

:y:

Offline novanips

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 01:32:20 am
thanks alot guys , i had a really tough time doing the eyes and getting the likeness tried so many times and i'll update with the original pixelart and i'll add in the backstory