AuthorTopic: [Wip] Face/portrait  (Read 6214 times)

Offline pixelaro

• View Profile

[Wip] Face/portrait

on: December 09, 2006, 08:57:38 pm
Finally found the boards again. :P haven't pixeled in a while and got a feeling something might be wrong with it.. Would appreciate some comments/edits before i start detailing too much. :)

Enjoy

(as good as)FINAL:

-----------
I know.. This topic is ages old, but i felt like I owed to somewhat finish this after the amazing edits I got. I personally know how annoying it feels to make an edit and see that the original artist ignores it completely. Therefore, way to late but still. Thanks, thanks, thanks for all the help! Even tough the final version is far from as good (or as close to the first version) as the edits, I still believe there is quite some improvement.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 02:36:31 pm by pixelaro »
:::....

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Re: [Wip] Face/portrait

Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 08:58:50 pm
His eyes are way too high up on his face.

Offline pixelaro

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 09:11:29 pm
Oh snap..

edited, never been to good when it comes to anatomy. Is it better?

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 09:13:25 pm
A little closer to the nose.
And Down.
Nearly have it.
Goof Job so far.

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 09:29:40 pm
I love the palette. Looks very.. I dunno, gritty? In a good way, of course :P.

If you lower the eyes anymore, I think you'll have to lower the ears as well, but I may be wrong (not so good at anatomy myself). Either way, it should look quite tasty when finished.

Offline pixelaro

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 01:40:26 am

finally updated.. still wip and and I'm not very pleased with how its turning out so far :/
Edits/comments welcome

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 02:47:26 am
hope you dont mind if i edit it..

maybe that will give you some ideas..

top of head was too small, eye areas weren't defined well, chin and jaw, mouth, nose, ear too small..

Offline Joshua

• jrobgraphics
    • View Profile
    • jrobportfolio

Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 05:33:40 pm
my edit:

I love the way you did his eyes, so I sort of played on that. He looks like a really interesting alien or something. I edited some anatomical things mostly, but still kept that alien look.

Offline pixelaro

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007, 03:07:10 pm
Thanks for the edits Joshua and Alex, I'm sorry I didn't reply before but I didn't want to bump this up before i felt I felt that I had finished this. Unfortunately, real life, Christmas, and my own limitations as an artist made this last way longer than originally planned.  :-\
Anyway, in the current version I made him look younger in some kid of failed attempt to make the double lightning easier to fake. Yeah i know that isn't the right thing to do but The light sources and the anatomy was really giving me a headache.  :-[

Joshua:
If this had turned out as I originally intended it would have looked almost exactly as your edit. I love how well you shade to show the form of his face. Although I decided to drop the dark eyes your edit makes me wish i didn't. Class. Oh and he looks like Kevin Spaceys alien twin.
(http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.com.br/personalidades/atores/kevin-spacey/kevin-spacey02.jpg)

Alex:
Although it might look like I have plainly ignored some of the edits you made concerning the main light source I really have. I've tried my best to shade his chin area a bit darker without making his ear look like it had a spotlight on it. :x Not sure how well it worked but hell. This portrait has so many flaws still that I just had to get it done and move on. The crits are still taken and hopefully understood.

Once again thanks. And i hope that my lack of response haven't kept you from editing others works. :P Oh and if someone sees this and something with the latest version just look so awfully wrong that I must be blind not to see it, (other than his lack of eyebrows) or anything else I count on that you pixelationers will be nice enough to point it out. :)

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #9 on: January 28, 2007, 04:16:10 pm
I really like it, but I imply addored those black hole eyes. They were so lovely evil. So I beg you to take them back.