AuthorTopic: Dev Seeking Talented Members  (Read 2602 times)

Offline Schwee

• SchweeDubulus
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Dev Seeking Talented Members

on: September 20, 2018, 12:27:18 am
Seeking:
Any talented and experienced individuals who are interested in collaborating on a game in progress. I'm most interested in finding someone to brainstorm ideas with who can also bring quality art to the table as well. The main skills I am looking for are creative thinking, attention to detail, and the ability to collaborate without an ego. I plan on finishing the project by myself but I'd gladly speed things up with the right small team.

Personal Summary:
I am an artist, programmer, and musician currently employed as a Full Stack Web Developer who is interested in having a project to focus on over the winter. I also have my bachelors degree in Computer Animation and I've been programming in GameMaker on and off for about 4 years. I have additional experience in web marketing as well. I started on this project a long time ago but I had to make a tough decision between pursuing finishing this game or finding a stable career. I went with the latter with the intention of coming back to gamedev once my life was in a better position, and here I am!

Game Premise:
Metroidvania in a magical setting. Travel through the different elemental realms, upgrade abilities that allow you to explore further.

What is already done:
- Just about every character animation
- Several enemies
- Several tilesets
- A working demo
- A bit of concept art
- A couple funky tracks

Please send me an email at jschweihs@gmail.com, skype me at SchweeDubulus, or shoot me a message here in the forums if you're interested. Only considering devs that are 18+ and located in North America for practical reasons.

Looking to collaborate.  Hit me up, especially if you are a GM programmer, or if you just have some sweet ideas.

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: Dev Seeking Talented Members

Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 02:47:52 am
Will this be paid?
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 01:46:56 pm
I'm not entirely clear on what this entails. What kind of brainstorming are you looking for? Do you need someone to help you think through gameplay? Worldbuilding? Someone to critique with the art? The artwork that this person would be doing, what sort of stuff would it be, and how much work do you expect to need?

Offline Schwee

• SchweeDubulus
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 03:13:50 pm
@MysteryMeat  Not paid unfortunately, but looking for someone to join the team.  Revshare of course.

@eishiya  Art wise, environments would be huge but as its a very small team, really whatever needs to get done.  The game is laid out in broad strokes but there are tons of details to fill in and I'd like all members of the team to participate in the creative process moving forward.
Looking to collaborate.  Hit me up, especially if you are a GM programmer, or if you just have some sweet ideas.

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 05:26:32 pm
Unpaid/revshare offers go in the Unpaid forum. I've reported your post, so a mod should come along to move it soon :D

It might help you to clarify that you're looking for artists and people to fill basically any roles in development. Your current text makes it sound like you're looking for consultants rather than people to do the legwork with you.