AuthorTopic: Executioner (need anatomy help)  (Read 5839 times)

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Re: Executioner (need anatomy help)

Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 10:59:27 pm
Much better

I like it but I'd take out some of the segmentation along the back. I might edit later

Offline Joseph

• Shut up and pixel.
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006, 11:11:24 pm
all of the rolls kind of confuse me.  I can see a strong buff executioner, but not a fat one.  maybe taking out the left dark areas and possibly showing a bit more muscle to him?  looks good so far though.

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 03:10:27 am
What happened to the axe? Bring the axe and stairs back please. And have a guy kneeling above to be beheaded.  :)

The back needs work. You should do a light line next to the dark one for the spine. At the end of the black line for the rolls of fat are these 't' things that you don't need. And executioners can be fat becuase they are losers who take one of the worst jobs and I saw a fat one in this:

http://www.pyrats.net/movie.html
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006, 05:02:31 am
This is great.  I think you've already got the menacing feel with the outlines....but the chainsaw screams 'cliche'...I'd go back to the axe ("Careful with that ax, Eugene").  I see major problems with the shading...there seems to be no real light source, as it'd be sorta impossible for light to be above and under a fold of fat......unless each spot of highlight had its own light.....maybe add some shading in more liberally, too.  I also feel that you could clean up the lines a little better, a lot of messiness seems to be sticking out.

But yeah, the chainsaw, your creative decision in the end, but I think it was a turn for the worse.  Either way, I can't wait to see this thing done.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.