AuthorTopic: How to gte more appeal?  (Read 2783 times)

Offline DieMango

• View Profile

How to gte more appeal?

on: August 28, 2018, 07:31:31 pm

So i wanna up my detail level and color number and wanted to ask 3 questions:

-Are there any compositional problems(big, medium small) ?
-How can i put more detail and colors in there?
-Is there anything i coud do to up the appeal of the iamge?

ALso i wanna add wacky color but i ma not sure how.

Offline Nafis

• View Profile

Re: How to gte more appeal?

Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 07:35:32 pm
Looks ****** byotiful. Now go animate it.

Offline HarveyDentMustDie

• I dream too much.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art

Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 08:29:08 pm
Hi, it's always hard to judge fantasy characters like this and critique anatomy, cause something may have been done intentionally.

Trouble I have is head appears quite close to his left front shoulder, like it can almost touch it, but then again his neck starts at almost the same point and twist outward. It would be strange physically to bend neck so sharp (regardless of neck joints) in order to create enough room to bring head back and so close to the chest/shoulder in that specific area. Another possible reason for that is fact that top neck spikes don't curve back to the right and into the fur, they just disappear.

Another thing that's maybe not important but it's noticeable for me, his fang tooth in top jaw actually appear like one of the frontal two teeth which makes his horn disjointed and nostril may be interpreted as second eye.

Overall design is quite appealing and colors are great. I would avoid adding more colors you will just make it noisy, you just need to continue with current colors and try to even stronger render golden areas, and maybe add another bright fur layer in area close to neck. You have everything you need here you just need to meddle with it a bit more. :)

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 09:10:13 pm
How do you stand working with a neon background D8 In any case, I think it's making your piece look less impressive than it is, because it drowns out the colours.

The main problem I see is everything looks a bit flat, because you've shaded and highlighted almost every piece of the creature. Leave some stuff simple, so that the viewer can focus on a few focal points instead. In addition, some of the lighting doesn't seem to make sense unless there are many lightsources from different directions (which, again, tends to flatten things).

Here's a minor edit that removes some of your highlights and single-pixel details, to put the focus more on the face and upper body.

Offline yaomon17

• YaomonKS
    • taiya.sun
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/28472.htm
    • yaomon17
    • valedev
    • playvale
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 07:41:40 am
The design is very cool, though I am going to agree with eishiya's sentiments. It looks like it is the result of individually lit forms pieced together. There can be many things done to make it appear more as one conjoined form lit at once such as adding large clusters of shadow fitting the form.

Offline DieMango

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 04:51:20 pm

Added more dark colors to make shadows....better?

Whats the best color sheme

ALso:

Background Planning.

Offline DieMango

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 05:00:13 pm