AuthorTopic: what about my pixel torch gif?  (Read 2542 times)

Offline z1s23

• View Profile

what about my pixel torch gif?

on: August 28, 2018, 01:03:44 pm
hi, guys, what about my pixel torch gif? please give some advise, thanks :)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 10:28:51 pm by z1s23 »

Offline HarveyDentMustDie

• I dream too much.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art

Re: what about my pixel torch gif?

Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 07:17:52 pm
Hi, I think your animation needs more upward motion. Currently it moves like some sort of gelatin on the bumpy road. :)

Also try to observe fire as a volume, which increase in size constantly and when it becomes quite big it loose one part which fly off vertically and it becomes smaller again in order to repeat process of growing. By combining this with horizontal movement you've already noticed and applied in your animation you should create something nice.

I've made small edit with same number of frames, it can be made better with future adjustments and maybe even additional frames, but it's enough to show idea I've explained above.

Last thing, which is also quite important, this more resembles wall mounted cup with burning coal (or something like that) to bring light into dark hallways, than actual torch but that's not the point of requested critique. :)

I hope this was useful for you. Best luck. :)

Offline z1s23

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 10:52:13 pm
Hi, I think your animation needs more upward motion. Currently it moves like some sort of gelatin on the bumpy road. :)

Also try to observe fire as a volume, which increase in size constantly and when it becomes quite big it loose one part which fly off vertically and it becomes smaller again in order to repeat process of growing. By combining this with horizontal movement you've already noticed and applied in your animation you should create something nice.

I've made small edit with same number of frames, it can be made better with future adjustments and maybe even additional frames, but it's enough to show idea I've explained above.

Last thing, which is also quite important, this more resembles wall mounted cup with burning coal (or something like that) to bring light into dark hallways, than actual torch but that's not the point of requested critique. :)

I hope this was useful for you. Best luck. :)

oh my god, thank you very much!!!
after you edit it, it looks so much awsome! :)
yes, I will modify the cup again, that's really a problem which doesn't look like a torch.

Offline z1s23

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 11:50:15 pm
hi, this is my final version, I love it, do you think it's ok? :)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 10:29:16 pm by z1s23 »

Offline HarveyDentMustDie

• I dream too much.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art

Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 12:29:10 am
Yes, it's definitely big progress from first version. :)