AuthorTopic: Wacom tablet for pixel art?  (Read 39843 times)

Offline PSNick

• View Profile

Re: Wacom tablet for pixel art?

Reply #30 on: August 20, 2014, 07:52:03 pm
Apologies for the double post, but i just wanted to tell everyone i got my tablet yesterday and today i gave it a try with "speed" painting following Eddie on Digital Tutors, and here it is:

I know there's lots to learn, and using the tablet feels a bit weird for now, but i'm feeling confident and motivated :)

Once again, i'd like to thank everyone for their comments and suggestions, they were more useful than you think!

Nick.

Offline jalonso67

• View Profile

Re: Wacom tablet for pixel art?

Reply #31 on: January 18, 2021, 02:59:41 am
I use mouse for Pixel modification with Photoshop and illustrators. I also use a very cheap XP-PEN ( https://www.xp-pen.com ) tablet for some painting. In My opinion, The tablet is very easy to use and very precise in a lot of situation(e.g selection tool etc.) and once you get use to the tablet it is like drawing on a piece of paper.
But you can work anything out with your mouse like pixel art creation and other stuff. it just harder and more work. If you just use for pixal art and want to save money then you don't really need tablet. but if you do more like comic and speed painting then i would say yes to get a tablet for sure.