AuthorTopic: pixel god video in MS Paint!  (Read 35220 times)

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: pixel god video in MS Paint!

Reply #50 on: December 08, 2006, 12:15:36 am
Quote from: Indigo
he's a good artist, we've established that.

Have we? Have you looked at his homepage, he is mediocre at best and all his stuff is mindnumbingly boring and generic.

Quote from: Rox
Also, the more praise something gets, the less I automatically like it

Not liking something because it gets a lot of praise is just as stupid as liking something because it gets praise.
Either YOU like something or YOU don't. If it's a matter of others liking it or not, sadly, then you are a tool.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #51 on: December 08, 2006, 06:55:28 am
Yeah, I know. That's what I was referring to. :)
However, those videos are really only used within this and other communities like Pixelation, and not really for showing off to people.

Well, the videos here were made for educational purposes, not showing off.
Either way, for sharing these kind of pixel videotutorials, we would need to keep the quality, and all the videosharing sites decrease it a lot (making them blurry, mainly) and kinda defeats the purpose.

But if you know any solution for sharing around without losing the video quality we are all ears.

Also, the more praise something gets, the less I automatically like it.

Yeah, I agree with ptoing, that's lame >:0
In matters of liking and preference, you should be true to yourself. Otherwise you lose your essence.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 06:57:47 am by Panda »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #52 on: December 08, 2006, 01:38:24 pm
I guess that works in reverse, Rox? The most people hate MSpaint, automatically the more you think you're hardcore for working in it?

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #53 on: December 08, 2006, 02:19:32 pm
hating something because everyone loves it is a bit silly, most of the time I'd already hate it regardless of how popular it is, and usually when something isn't popular its much easier to enjoy it :P

and on the subject of mspaint helm, I think this video proves that the average person is impressed with mediocre results if they were reached through mspaint :P
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Jamie

• ^ needs updated ^
    • View Profile

Reply #54 on: December 08, 2006, 02:37:37 pm

But if you know any solution for sharing around without losing the video quality we are all ears

Lemon amiga has amiga intros online that are fine can see all pixels etc. no loss. http://www.lemonamiga.com/ maybe someone could email them and ask?

it's flash i think last i looked

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #55 on: December 08, 2006, 02:54:57 pm
and on the subject of mspaint helm, I think this video proves that the average person is impressed with mediocre results if they were reached through mspaint

I don't think anyone ever contested that the average person is impressed by mediocrity. If one artistically sets his sights to impressing his peers and 'average persons' then he can do well with very little. Consider if this is a path of interest to you.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #56 on: December 08, 2006, 03:00:48 pm
I don't think anyone ever contested that the average person is impressed by mediocrity. If one artistically sets his sights to impressing his peers and 'average persons' then he can do well with very little. Consider if this is a path of interest to you.
i was merely adding to your remark 'people hating mspaint = level of hardcore' - 'people underestimating mspaint = level of impressiveness'  :P

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #57 on: December 08, 2006, 03:51:16 pm
people underestimating mspaint

More like people underestimating the level of boredom and willingness of self-mortification some people are able to bring onto themselves.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #58 on: December 08, 2006, 03:54:50 pm
i should say, by 'people' i meant those average people I mentioned earlier :lol:

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #59 on: December 08, 2006, 04:45:24 pm
Stop trying, you lost >:0

Lemon amiga has amiga intros online that are fine can see all pixels etc. no loss. http://www.lemonamiga.com/ maybe someone could email them and ask?

it's flash i think last i looked
Well, the videos could be converted to .flv and then set some flash video player. That for sure.
It could be considered (and I think it was discussed already on the video tutorial thread), but setting it here would suck too much bandwidth I guess.
I dont know :0