AuthorTopic: pixel god video in MS Paint!  (Read 35231 times)

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Re: pixel god video in MS Paint!

Reply #10 on: December 04, 2006, 04:36:02 am
uh that made me cringe, and I'm sure if it was playing in real time theres no way I could watch it
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline legofreak

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: December 04, 2006, 05:25:29 am
he uses the term pixel in that he does work on a computer... he doesnt actually do pixel art. plus mspaint isnt one of the tools used listed on his page.

i think his work isnt very good. the anatomy on most of it is really funky

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 08:11:16 am
I was honestly shaking my head through the whole thing.

He's using a 2x2 linetool to make a humongous car. There is no AA apart from a few semi attempts where he just traces the outside of the lines with a middle colour. The shading he used on the cars body is on the verge of pillowshading as he just fills one light colour with another with no breaking edges, change of hues or blending. If this was tracing (which in itself drags it down a bit), he got the perspective wrong on the wheels and other various places.

The video was also blurred and zoomed out. If that thing was shown off in full view and detail it would look pretty bad.

Checking his page, I noticed that there is no pixel art on it whatsoever. If you want a nickname portraying your vast grasp of all digital media, why not "Digital God", "Digital art God", "PC painter God".

Ironically, his digital gallery was nothing "godlike". Not to my tastes at least.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 12:53:34 pm
Yeah, he suffers in a lot of fundamentals, and fakes his way through such deficiencies with overphotoshopping and such.

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: December 04, 2006, 01:20:01 pm
Yeah, he suffers in a lot of fundamentals, and fakes his way through such deficiencies with overphotoshopping and such.

I concur.

What bothers me is his so called "God Status." I wish people would try and research things before they make claims for which they have no qualifications for.

my 2cents

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #15 on: December 04, 2006, 01:25:52 pm
I don't think it should be taken so seriously really, I was joking for one. It's just an internet name, possibly chosen when he was like, 13, like Darkgodofdarkness34235 or shadoWolfgrrrr, whatever.

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: December 04, 2006, 02:09:34 pm
Nothing godly about this vid. It's like "HAY guys I can draw using paint!".
But the guys who frequent/stays here on this board, I consider are demi gods and potential gods of pixel art in the future.  :P

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: December 04, 2006, 05:29:00 pm
http://www.digg.com/videos_animation/MS_Paint_God

It's on dig now, currently at 2119 diggs... Reading the comments is simply a horrible experience. People seem to think the guy is an expert. Some even claim it's fake due to it's brilliance. Guess there's not much that can be done sadly. Making a statement on Digg is like talking to a wall. A wall with a rating system.

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs

Reply #18 on: December 04, 2006, 07:15:43 pm
:)

That whole thing reminds me of a guy who wasted 100h of his life on making an over 3megs MSpaint crap. http://www.ubersite.com/m/84167.

He didn`t even know the basic pixelart techniques, like aa or dithering (the spray tool and pillow shading used instead).
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #19 on: December 04, 2006, 11:14:48 pm
if the video compression hadnt given it  AA i bet this piece would look shit.  Its ok - nothing more.  far from godly.