AuthorTopic: pixel god video in MS Paint!  (Read 35232 times)

Offline st3ady

• i can has cheezburger?
    • View Profile
    • st3ady

pixel god video in MS Paint!

on: December 03, 2006, 11:58:57 pm
Wah-wah-weee-wah!
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1728017
pretty amazing  :)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: pixel god video in MS Paint!

Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 12:10:53 am
What's good about painfully tracing a car in mspaint? Moreover, what's godly about it?

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 12:39:43 am
He's a good artist, but it's basically just a dumbed down vector piece.

Moreover, what's godly about it?
I guess you should ask Raffaele Picca since he's this self proclaimed Pixel God.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 12:41:20 am
I realise as much, but thanks.

Offline Joseph

• Shut up and pixel.
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 01:09:35 am
It is a good piece, but nothing special.  in fact he hardly did work as he used the cuved line tool so often.  also, it seems pretty selfish to call himself the "pixel god".  obviously he isnt a god...even at pixel work.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 01:20:39 am
yeah, not in the least bit impressive. he doesnt even know how to swap colors in mspaint!

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 01:34:42 am
I thought it was alright. My only problem with it, is why even bother with M.S. Paint, when he could have just used illustrator to vector it. No big differences in what he was really trying to achieve with the outcome; using curve tools, filling in simple shades, and....using curve tools(not trying to slight any vector users, by the way).
   Now all of this initially said would be invalid if he didn't have some sort of high grade program like illustrator, or photoshop to achieve something like this, but after checking out his other works at his web site, it would be best to assume he has the proper tools to pull it off. Besides, I always thought pixel art was best described as the exact placement of pixels to create a piece, in which case, smaller pieces show execution the best in the majority of cases. In this case, it might be feasible to let it slide, but would be best to just move it to another genre of art: Vector.
   Must have just been a show-off attempt to make others believe, "aww man, I can't even write out my own name in M.S. Paint, let alone draw a car! Awesome!!" Must be hard for me believe it, or maybe me just being a prick, but I use M.S. Paint and do not find this that entertaining. It's ok, but not great. I think he should try pulling for the name "Vector God" instead, and even so, he still wouldn't be better than some vector artists I've seen lately. But then again, it's just my opinion...
my back hurts...

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 01:45:51 am
It isn't really that impressive technique-wise. It gets a little mangled in the video but it's a pretty simple piece. Not much AA, shading is pretty, but doesn't go for multiple and different-coloured light sources. Doesn't look like there was any attempt at the non-selout/varaiable coloured lines or whatever it is that Helm says he does. It looks like we could probably shrink it to at least half-size and still not lose any important details. Colour-choice is pretty boring

He's a good artist, but it's basically just a dumbed down vector piece.
Blick's got it. There's nothing to impress the gf with here.

Offline Soup

• Monkey lovvvvvvve
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 03:28:04 am
So trying to show off makes you a god now?

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 03:55:25 am
OMG HE'S REALLY GOOD!!!

:lol:

I like what he did with those wheels, but the rest is pretty unspectacular, especially the windows....
When do I get to see him actually pixel?

EDIT:
Just noticed the caption at the top of the video about being good at MS Paint......If I used it more frequently, I'd be infuriated!  :P

« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 04:40:20 am by Rydin »
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.