AuthorTopic: pixel god video in MS Paint!  (Read 35239 times)

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Re: pixel god video in MS Paint!

Reply #40 on: December 06, 2006, 08:32:39 pm

Uhm... not sure   :-\

Offline 9_6

• View Profile

Reply #41 on: December 06, 2006, 08:41:48 pm
Woah awesome! :D
Does scaling an image blur it?
Opera fix Firefox fix

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #42 on: December 06, 2006, 09:19:31 pm

OMg man that is like, uber godly. ONLY A GOD COULD HAVE CREATED SUCH A THING. Seriously i love it.

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #43 on: December 06, 2006, 09:22:54 pm
thats nothing - I made a cardboard castle in the front lawn of girl's house before.  complete with red carpet made of those cheap-o huge rolls of paper.  t'was a creative way of asking her to the dance.

Offline Neoriceisgood

• View Profile

Reply #44 on: December 06, 2006, 09:40:02 pm
Thank god I found this thread, I've been trying to explain to people that this was not a "pixel art god" all week, but they didn't get me at all.

"It's made with pixels right?"

And when you try to explain what pixel per pixel means, they just laugh. .  >:(

Offline shaheen

• Hardcore Lurker
    • View Profile

Reply #45 on: December 07, 2006, 02:49:29 pm
Someone from Pixelation should do one of those pixel art session videos of something way more impressive than this and post it up on YouTube. Might get some good attention from the general, unknowing public.

Then again, it could also be a disastrous bandwidth-eater if it were to succeed a bit more than expected, I dunno.

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #46 on: December 07, 2006, 03:09:35 pm
thats nothing - I made a cardboard castle in the front lawn of girl's house before.  complete with red carpet made of those cheap-o huge rolls of paper.  t'was a creative way of asking her to the dance.
Yeah yeah  ::)

Someone from Pixelation should do one of those pixel art session videos of something way more impressive than this and post it up on YouTube. Might get some good attention from the general, unknowing public.

Then again, it could also be a disastrous bandwidth-eater if it were to succeed a bit more than expected, I dunno.
We already have a few video-tutorials here.

Offline big brother

• herculeanpixel.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site

Reply #47 on: December 07, 2006, 03:25:05 pm
Poor technique aside, the final image looks dull. The colors are uninspired and the angle is generic.

Offline shaheen

• Hardcore Lurker
    • View Profile

Reply #48 on: December 07, 2006, 09:16:07 pm
We already have a few video-tutorials here.
Yeah, I know. That's what I was referring to. :)
However, those videos are really only used within this and other communities like Pixelation, and not really for showing off to people.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #49 on: December 07, 2006, 09:36:10 pm
If it hadn't been a car, it might've been a little better. Cars are just one of those things that have.. almost step-by-step guidelines even. There are specific ways to shade a car, in the design industry. Certain angles always work the best. Certain angles for the wheels are also always more effective to make the image more fun to look at. I was surprised he didn't use the standard window shading technique, really. Because... even if it's THE standard, I think it might even look better. It's the standard for a reason, right?

So, yeah. If you can draw a car, you can draw a car. There's not much more to it. There are no ways to make a car more dynamic. There are no ways to make it interact with something else in an exciting way (unless you make it crash and explode, but that's something entirely different, then). A car is just a car. Let me try that two or three times, and I bet I can give you the same result. Probably quicker, judging by how long he messed around trying to get those curves right. (That WOULD have been better with vectors.)

Also, the more praise something gets, the less I automatically like it, and I bet that thing there gets a ton of praise from people who can't even tell apart the flaws in his process... and his nickname.