AuthorTopic: [WIP] - Dark Knight  (Read 8234 times)

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

[WIP] - Dark Knight

on: December 03, 2006, 10:33:36 pm
Just a little guy i've been working on. It's in it's pretty early stages. So far i've just scribbled out the basic shape and started filling in the basic colours, etc. Still needs a lot of cleaning up, but i wanted to post it here so that i could get feedback before getting too far in.

edits, critiques & the like always welcome.
(especially on the hand, it's really getting to me.)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 10:35:14 pm by Stwelin »

Offline Locrian

• View Profile
    • BURHTUN: online portfolio

Re: [WIP] - Dark Knight

Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 10:46:05 pm
It looks like the weight of the sword has snapped his arm at the elbow.  The arm should be bent the other way, if anything.  As for the hand, it will be hard to draw the fingers in at that size.  Best to just indicate a thumb and draw the fingers as more or less a single mass.  And right now the thumb seems to be incorrectly placed.  The long section of the thumb, between the two knuckle-like joints, should be parallel to the sword's guard.

Offline hidden killer

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 07:29:35 am
and the sword looks like one of those woodenones ( no shine and looks a lil blunt )
and the armour looks like made of bronze or brass with gold touch ( being a "dark knight" i think it wud be better off with black armour and golden touch )
another thing i dont understand is that u silhouetted him and still added line art

Offline Adrian

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 05:57:44 pm
His shield looks like a tortilla chip!

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 08:01:12 pm
Yeah, that was just a concept, i am gonna make it more like a traditional shield. failed idea.

I'm really bogged down with work at the moment. update coming... in the next day or two.

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 09:33:15 pm

Alright, here is an update.  just cleaned up a little, shield changed, hand/arm changed, sword changed (i like the turnout on it.)

tear it apart.  :P

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 11:11:03 pm
Add some more shades (eg 3 greens --> 8 greens) and maybe make the shield a different color to the body armour.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 03:23:23 am
i think 8 greens would be too many, but it could use maybe 1 or 2 more. maybe 1 green, and a color between a yellow-brown and a green which could be used on the yellow parts as well as the armor.

also, the face looks too round near the chin, it should be pointy i would think.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 03:32:54 am
he doesnt need to add anymore colors, theres still lots of optimising he could do atm. maybe then some could be added.

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 04:07:55 am

I guess everyone does things differently. I like to use an excessive amount of colors (whats the point of optimisation anymore, theres
no color restrictions on computers now?). Even though 8 is too much, definately try to have enough for smooth transitions.

I preferred the old design, maybe you should work on that one more. Its really inventive armour imo. You've got a helmet that looks like a bird beak, the taco shield and a really long cod piece.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi