AuthorTopic: Looking for artwork help on a hobby NES project  (Read 2226 times)

Offline Nate5700

• View Profile

Looking for artwork help on a hobby NES project

on: July 29, 2018, 10:37:13 pm
Hello all.

I am looking to create a simple NES game for the NESdev competition, shooting to enter either this year or next year. I'm a technical guy and would like to focus on the programming side, and to be honest I'm pretty terrible when it comes to art stuff, so I'm looking for a collaborator who can do artwork.

I'm doing this as a hobby project and I'm not out to make money, so I was hoping to find someone who would like to just be a part of something casual. That doesn't mean that payment is out of the question, but if I do pay I'd like to do it on a per-asset basis. I really have no idea how much work like this costs so please PM me with pricing information.

As for details on the game, right now I'm planning on a single-screen platformer. I've come up with a basic background story: The main character, who I am currently calling Bob, is out to rescue his pet turtle, Sergio, who has been kidnapped by lizard people. They intend to sacrifice the poor turtle to their god in order to gain power to rule the world.

I wasn't on any drugs when I came up with that story, that's just my sense of humor I guess, but it should give you an idea of what I'm going for. It will be an iterative process as the artwork and game design will have to feed off each other.

Some of the things I'll be looking for will be backgrounds, characters and enemies, game objects (blocks, treasure chests, things like that), etc. I'm thinking I'll at least want to have an outdoor type level and a cave themed level, and am open to ideas for additional themes.

Anyway, please reply to this thread or PM me if interested. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks in advance!