AuthorTopic: Stupid Head (update)  (Read 4695 times)

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Stupid Head (update)

on: September 17, 2005, 05:08:57 am

7 colours I think. Pixelled from a sketch I did a while ago. Pallete sorta sucks.
I'm not sure if it needs more contrast or not. I like the way it's looking now but my moniter seems stuffed...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 08:45:56 am by Akira »
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Stupid Head

Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 07:08:12 am
It's harsh on the eyes. Especially the skin highlight color. There are a few things that I don't like about it, but they may be stylistic choices. Such as the nose and jaw sloping so far down and out. It's like you have a great face where the jaw and nose is and then it's stretched like putty up until the ear and eye. I just don't like it. Then the everything else is really cartoony compared to the lower half of the face and it just doesn't look like it fits. Especially that ear. I'd like to see him with a more realistic ear and some light in his eye. More texture to the hair wouldn't hurt either. Adding some stronger highlights into it would help, I'd imagine. Also aaing it and/or lightening the black would work better.

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Re: Stupid Head

Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 08:45:18 am
Heres a quick update.

I just channel shifted to change colours. I know they are still offensive to the eyes :-[
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline CrematedPumpkin

• Lord of the Fjord
    • View Profile

Re: Stupid Head (update)

Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 07:10:51 pm
Those are the same colors as your avatar aren't they? I liked the old pallete a lot better. The eyebrow raised up looks a lot better, but you should try to work on the eye in the new one a little, it looks weird.
I.....am......me............

Offline David

• View Profile
    • I Am Not Original

Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 08:09:54 pm

I just did an edit of the colors. The main problem with them was that most everything was completely saturated. It lacked depth because of that. I'll have more to say in a bit.

Offline CrematedPumpkin

• Lord of the Fjord
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 11:50:13 pm
That obviously shows your point very well david, but the lightest shade looks a little weird.
With yours Akira, it looks pretty good except for the brightest shade. It doesn't go well, it kind of looks like someone was using the fill bucket to recolor it orange, but didn't get past the highlights.

Edit: Actually, looking at David's edit again, the highlight looks fine. I just have a crappy moniter.
I.....am......me............