AuthorTopic: Tree... allways dream to start making tiles for some game..but how.. PLEASE POST  (Read 4337 times)

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile
  :crazy: hey, just made some tree and need some cc and help, allways dream to start making tiles for some game but have kinda no idea how it works..

11 colors

Its made on paint but I usually make pixel work with lot of colors :P.. colorful.. trying to slow it down a bit hehe

Okej here is another thing Im working on.. What do you think? Im kinda new.. but will it be able to make a game out of this if i continue for example?

I was thinking of making something like splinter cell of how its called now :P

Thanks for reading, would be thanksful if you post something  :P Senad a.k.a B_j0k3r0
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 12:44:39 am by Senad »
God forgive him for his sins I know its was his last minute, You spread his wings so he can only fly.. He will allways be a legend in our hearts and legends never die..

R.I.P Tose Proeski ~Senad

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
hi, they are both pretty dark, maybe you could up the contrast.
I also notice on your tree that it uses alot of dithering, too much I think, because it takes away from its form.
Try focusing on the form more than the detail

Offline Jad

• View Profile
hi, they are both pretty dark, maybe you could up the contrast.
I also notice on your tree that it uses alot of dithering, too much I think, because it takes away from its form.
Try focusing on the form more than the detail

Also, try to give the detail FORM, not just throw random pixels in there to make it look "detail"-y.

Good luck :0
' _ '

Offline Adrian

• View Profile
I don't think the tree is too dark or has too much dithering at all. I think he was trying to make a tree like this, and the dithering is the perfect effect for it.

The second one however is too dark, unless it is night or something... And if you want to make games you must learn to program!

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev
Hi there, the problem I see with the tree is that you've pretty much let texture overtake shading. Get the shading of the tree right first, block it in, think in simple shapes, for instance a sphere, and then shade, and then texture.

I fiddled with it somewhat, and I'll show you the process I went through:

It's far from perfect, I only just started cleaning it up on the top-left and left parts of the leaves. The rest of the leaves is very messy, lol.

Here's the process:

I hope this helps  :)

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net
Hi there, the problem I see with the tree is that you've pretty much let texture overtake shading. Get the shading of the tree right first, block it in, think in simple shapes, for instance a sphere, and then shade, and then texture.

I fiddled with it somewhat, and I'll show you the process I went through:

It's far from perfect, I only just started cleaning it up on the top-left and left parts of the leaves. The rest of the leaves is very messy, lol.

Here's the process:

I hope this helps  :)
Lovely edit there Eye, Probably help me making trees too  :crazy:

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile
wow, thank you so much everyone!

and yes that will help very much :D thank you

well i was thinkin of pixeling a game :P not program it :P
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 11:19:14 pm by Senad »
God forgive him for his sins I know its was his last minute, You spread his wings so he can only fly.. He will allways be a legend in our hearts and legends never die..

R.I.P Tose Proeski ~Senad