AuthorTopic: [PAID] Background Pixel Artist needed for my platform game  (Read 5146 times)

Offline CandySoup

• View Profile
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 06:41:52 pm by CandySoup »

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Re: [PAID] Background Pixel Artist needed for my platform game

Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 06:17:21 pm
How large are these backgrounds? Do you have an example of what you mean by "simple"? What sort of backgrounds are they - full scenes or something symbolic, fully drawn or made of tiles, etc?

Offline 1UpStudios

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 02:41:11 pm
Hi i would like to be in this project if you could why dont we talk about this somewhere like gmail or discord or something thanks.

Offline GhostWarg

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 04:44:01 pm
I sent you a pm and i'll be patiently waiting for your reply ^^

Offline Raysixx

• @Raysixx_
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Channel :D

Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 06:58:11 am
Mp sending ,I'm waiting for an answer so I can show you my portfolio by Discord

Offline GSer

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 04:46:41 pm
Quality similar to the references would likely be well over $80 per background at the size listed. Even with reusable tiles, I'd expect closer to $200+ each at that resolution; asking less would be pretty unfair to the artist. An artist would likely take an hour or two to draw up the rough sketch, then an additional 3-5 hours to pixel, and 2-3 hours to clean it up for a total of up to 10 hours. Expected revisions may add another 1-2 hours or more. At your given price-point, you'd be paying $26 per for 10 hours of work, or $2.6 an hour unless the artist is extremely quick.

With the quality expected, most artists would charge $20-30/hour or $15/hour if you find someone who undervalues themselves. Much more realistic is to decrease the size to 280x240 then double it using Nearest Neighbor scaling. Pixel art may still work well at that resolution, plus you'd be decreasing the amount of pixels to a fourth of the amount thus about halving the needed time per asset. That done, $80-100 per BG would be a lot more do-able.

If you don't have the funds to pay more, it might be better to put the artwork on hold or do them in parts, though if you go extremely cheap, you'll likely get equal results. It's cheaper in the long run to go with a fairly-priced option first.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 05:51:35 am by GSer »