AuthorTopic: Beginnings of a tileset  (Read 18348 times)

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Re: Beginnings of a tileset

Reply #30 on: December 14, 2006, 08:34:32 pm
Thanks zoso, I like the water because it kind of reminded me of a crayon coloured drawing- that's the kind of quality i want this game to have. A slightly sketchy- childish, even, work of art.

The trees are coming soon- please keep the C&C going as well.  :y:

Offline Meta|Fox

• Im full of candy!
    • View Profile

Reply #31 on: December 14, 2006, 09:12:48 pm
I'm in love with the colours you've got going (Seriosly, i think im going to marry that rock) and as ZoSo said, everything but the water looks great.

I dont know why but i think clear water would really look lovely with the rest of your tiles. i might do an edit to see if i can show you what i mean.

Theres a Gremlin in My Computer!

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Reply #32 on: December 14, 2006, 09:22:02 pm
Thanks Metal, and be my guest.

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Reply #33 on: January 05, 2007, 01:15:47 am
*necessary double post.

Ok, it's been a while since I last updated this topic, but I've recently done some work on a tree.

It's no where near perfect or even completion. I think a bit of CC would be just what the doctor ordered  :y:

I'll also accept comments and advice regarding making tilesheets as I'm new to this type of thing.

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #34 on: January 05, 2007, 01:20:31 am
Looks nice, i really like the trunk. I would change the grey/green base colour of the leaves to a darker greenish blue to give it a bit more depth.  Also, if possible, add the extra tiles and make the canopy wider, right now it looks kinda like a... tree-shroom.

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Reply #35 on: January 05, 2007, 01:23:04 am
Thanks, should I keep the overall shape of the canopy or should I make it more dispersed. I was going to try showing more of the branches but I couldn't do it well enough that it still held the perspective I'm going for :/

edits appreciated.

Offline Vale

• View Profile

Reply #36 on: January 05, 2007, 05:18:49 am
Yeah, the canopy does need to be much wider. As for the shape, I think it should be good. It seems to me like to much of the trunk is showing and the leaves should be lower but maybe not. Seeing so much of the trunki makes the tree look really tall.

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Reply #37 on: January 05, 2007, 01:00:16 pm
Thanks vale, I'll get an update on here asap.

Offline ZoSo

• View Profile

Reply #38 on: January 05, 2007, 04:44:37 pm
Why did you change the shape :o.. I liked how the shape looking in the beginning, now it looks like a fat old lady stuck in a tree :o. Kinda randomly swirled.. Tree's dont grow that way :o.. Anyway the leafes are pretty good, only problem is the leaves are viewed from up, while tree looks viewed from regular standing position.