AuthorTopic: "... old lady pixels you!"  (Read 4750 times)

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

"... old lady pixels you!"

on: December 02, 2006, 10:01:16 am
Lately I've just been coloring other people's lines.

This is no different.

David Stoner's lines:

My colors thus far:

Points that I'm having trouble with, or am bound to have trouble with:
The bandanna wrapped around her head, I feel something is missing in the shading of her face, the shading of the breasts and folds that occur with them, her left [viewer right] forearm. Other than those areas, I think I'm doing fairly well. Even though that only leaves the cane, the hair and her legs.

Tear it up.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Re: "... old lady pixels you!"

Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 08:35:02 pm
Yay, no dithering!
   I like it so far. I think if anything needs touching up, it would probably be her left arm. A lot of the lady's body parts show form, or some form of shading. However the upper part of her left arm seems to be flatly shaded, as if the light source is hitting it dead on. Under normal circumstances, this would be fine, however directly next to her left arm, is a shadowed boob, leading me to believe that the arm is slightly behind them berbs'. So I would experiment a little, and try shading the upper left arm a little more with the dark purple hue you've chosen.
   Also, the cane seems to blend in a little as it reaches the helm of dress. Maybe trying a little black outline to help define it might help it be a smidge more noticable. I would also try the sprite without the black outline located underneath her chin. I know your trying to show a harsh black line to separate her chin from the cloth, but for me at least, it seems to be out of place...I could be wrong though.
   Still though, I really like the character. And I could tell it was Stoner's lines before I even read the rest of the post.
my back hurts...

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 10:39:53 pm
The upper left arm is just because I haven't even started the upper arm, since I'm so worried about the forearm.

I've tried a few color combinations out of the palette I have, and it seems to always mix with the dress. I suppose I'll just have to get rid of that light spot on the slight bend in the middle of the cane.

And David is actually the one that told me to use no dithering, interesting you should point that out.

EDIT:

EDIT2:

EDIT3:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 05:59:34 am by Blick »

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 01:02:04 am
Bah! Love the final edit. I like the fact that you relaxed the shoulders a bit(or at least, you switched the scarf/hankerchef, or however the crap you spell it, with a smaller one to show her hair, hence creating the illusion, that her shoulders have dropped...) , and fixed some of the tiny perspective issues, such as the nostril and lenses.. And butt-chins are sexy, no matter what the public tells you. I like the addition of the darkest purple hue, however, I don't think it should be shown that strong from underneath one breast to another. I would try blending it into the second darkest purple, towards the chest plate, to show more form. I would still love to see her with a black outline though, just to see the difference it makes with, and without one.
   Great Job, Al-Ass-Kan Man. Ya dun good, boy, ya dun good...
my back hurts...

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 01:07:03 am
I agree withe the B.O.B. This is really nice work- but It would be intriguing to see a darker outline ( although I'd prefer a blue or reddish tone over black- I'm wierd like that).

Lovely.