AuthorTopic: [wip][nudity] Re-interpretation of old artstuffs  (Read 13096 times)

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Re: [wip][nudity] Re-interpretation of old artstuffs

Reply #20 on: December 05, 2006, 10:35:20 am
the only thing i can see wrong with the shading of her stomach, is that it seperates her belly too much.
also, hooray for curves! i honestly thing extremely slim and skinny girls are unattractive, they usually have to have a beautiful face for me to aknowledge any sort of attraction.

The thing would be that the space between her breasts and her stomach is too brightly shaded, that's why it looks so divided, I think.
' _ '

Offline Elrinth

• Hello peeps
    • View Profile
    • Elrinth's personal webpage

Reply #21 on: December 05, 2006, 07:50:03 pm
her stomach looks misplaced and deformed.. maybe it's a deranged fairy? :D
other than that, AWESOME work! fix the stomach and it's pretty much perfect imo.
tho me myself I would change her smile slightly, also add some colour to her wings or hair.
"Truly, if there's evil out there, it lies within the heart of mankind!" - Edward D. Morrison
Mai fav games: Seiken Densetsu, Rockman, Doom, Final Fantasy, Zelda no Densetsu, Metroid, Kid Icarus
Fav consoles: Sharp Twin Fami, Super Nintendo Jr., Wintendo Gamecube

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: December 05, 2006, 09:15:26 pm
I don't like the face and I feel the colours are too earthy.  Quite Personally I like the old one better. 
Back from hiatus, just remembered how excellent this community is at forming technique in a fledgeling artist of any kind.

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: December 05, 2006, 10:35:18 pm
Thats awesome shading on her left thigh imo. I think the original looks better too becuase it has a really great pose. It looks
like shes made a big leap and is about to land. The new version has a weird pose - shes pointing down and one of her legs looks
like its resting on a wall. I made an edit where she has a pose more like she is landing. I also made her hands and head smaller - even
though a fairy doesn't have to have right proportions i think it looks better this way.

Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #24 on: December 05, 2006, 10:41:56 pm
Fantastic work Morganne. This is really beautiful i think.

I must agree with Jad about the midpart. But i do really like the way you've done the stomach. The colours are pretty, and the way you've tinted the hair and wings with blue is neat. There's an area on the lower portion of her thigh that seems a bit jaggedy at the moment, just to point it out. I also think her flattened hand is a bit wide. But that's about it, i really like this, much over the old one.

^-^

[NB Written before seeing sharprm's post]

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Reply #25 on: December 05, 2006, 10:44:46 pm
I agree with Larwick, I like this version better because it has more of a warm, earthy mood. I also love curves so its cool that you made a woman out of her.

Lovely.

Offline Aleiav

• I like my coffee black just like my metal.
    • View Profile
    • Gothiclola (dot) Net

Reply #26 on: December 06, 2006, 03:37:23 am
I love the new version. I don't have any specific crits. It looks great. :)

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #27 on: December 06, 2006, 12:33:06 pm
MORGY!! ^^ ah...

it's refreshing to see you around, make this place feel a bit more like.....home =)

I noticed you were concerned about the shading on most of the things in the background...so I went and rushed in what I'd usually do in that situation, lay some flat shades of shadow on a few chosen spots to take some of the focus out of them.

I must say...I miss some of the DARK inky feel your initial fairy had...but I'm a sucker for harsh contrast so that might be biased :p

it feels a bit like you've sacrified composition and flow for anatomy which IMO isnt worthwhile....of all the 3 versions you posted the lastest one is the least dynamic...

EDIT: I thought I'd make a quick slyde-type animation to show what I meant

see, first you had your sketch with plenty of fun curves. it kinda had some concentric circles thing going on (BLUE), and these two big lines crossing all the way down like an arrow (green and cyan). but then with all the repositioning you've done, none of that composition or flow is really left in your final pic! I think it's really important to keep composition when you make anatomic corrections

I love the new face, specially it doesnt feel barbie-doll flat, it's harmonic (unlike the old version) and it still looks very fleshy and engaging, gotta love some strong factions on a girl's face. I also really dig the wing style you chose, makes her feel a bit more like a MOTH fairy rather an a butterfly one, and that cant ever be bad.

hope I made you feel welcome my precious morganne, one can always use a smart sensitive girl like you around.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 01:10:26 pm by Conceit »

Offline Hase

• Zombies. Stuff.
    • View Profile

Reply #28 on: December 11, 2006, 09:35:50 am
In some parts I agree that a lot of motion has been lost, on the other hand I love the detailing. IŽd definitely leave the belly alone, the curves look good as they are.
If you really want to go back to the feel of the original sketch I think you need to rotate the outstretched leg again to get that dynamic feel back into it. Right now the problem is that the pose of the arms suggests motion, while the legs indicate that sheŽs sitting. The other possibility would be to redo the arms (and possibly the hair) and change them to a more relaxed state (such as placing both hands with straight arms on the imagined surface between her legs).
All in all IŽd probably leave it alone. It looks great, and overdoctoring it now probably wonŽt help all that much.

@sharprm: I donŽt think your edit works, there isnŽt much movement to it since to make it into a proper "landing" pose youŽd need to rework more than just the rear leg. In any case, I donŽt even think that leg is the issue. Also: wtf about those leaves???