AuthorTopic: [wip][nudity] Re-interpretation of old artstuffs  (Read 13101 times)

Offline Morganne

• View Profile
    • Morki's deviantart

Re: [wip][nudity] Re-interpretation of old artstuffs

Reply #10 on: December 02, 2006, 08:29:24 pm
I actually managed to squeeze some time in before I have to run to work. I did a lot of things here, with a ton of help from baccaman21's edit... fixed up some colors, worked on the proportions, finished things up. Not too sure Im happy with the wing design, Ill take another look at it tomorrow and see how I feel then.

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Reply #11 on: December 02, 2006, 10:28:04 pm
The hair is wonderful, with such a great palette.

The overall body seems to be improved; looks tighter and more realistic. If that makes any sense at all.

Offline Godslayer

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: December 03, 2006, 12:39:52 am
Her shins maintain massivity.
How long can the floor creak before it loses its voice?

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #13 on: December 03, 2006, 02:33:10 am
Wouldn't the word simply be "mass", or maybe "massiveness"?

This is looking really exceptional, the hair is beautiful though a tiny bit rough, maybe some AA?

The shading on the tummy seems a little perculiar to me, I think it may have been over-shadowed. The shading on HER right wrist makes it sort of look uber thin. The crease between HER right leg and her body seems too dark/deep, it almost has the effect of detaching the leg.

HER left hand looks really wide.

In regards to palette, maybe try lowering the value just a little bit on the second darkest skin tone?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 02:36:26 am by EyeCraft »

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: December 03, 2006, 02:52:37 am
   In my opinion, I'd suggest de-lengthening her shin to thigh bone ratio. It looks a tad elongated, which is probably what everybody keeps mentioning. I kinda lowered her shin length, in that retrospect, as well as added some thicker highlights/shinyness to spots where you seemed to timidly put them. I'm sure your way was intended to go along with her fairy character, but to me it seemed kind of spotty. Also, I kinda fluffed her hair a bit, and shined it up, to give her some more character up there. It would also be best to disregard the selout I applied to my edit, as I still don't seem to firmly grasp it's concept. And if I did anything wrong with my edit of your sprite, just tell me, and I'll remove it immediately.

By the way, I'd just like to say it's nice to see some female anatomy with some actual curves, especially of the belly, instead of the same old anime-ish slim girls with zero spots of a True female body. Now, bearing in mind, this character still seems to be the male stereotype of what a womans anatomy should resemble, it still retains some realistic curves....I luv dem curves....hope to see some updates pretty soon! :y:...
my back hurts...

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: December 03, 2006, 03:27:06 am
it looks like she's under some gravity, as in she's not really flittering around like... a faerie, ya know?
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Reply #16 on: December 03, 2006, 06:49:54 am
I like this piece its very dynamic. My crits are fairly minor as the piece looks well established and I don't want to take from the style of the piece.

OK, I have changed the following:
Along her upper thigh she had a few seemingly stray lines that made her look like her leg had been sewn together similarly to a dolls. This was probably the most in need of editing (still relatively small an edit) I broke that up and continued upwards to her pelvic bone, as The B.O.B mentioned this takes a more realistic view of female anatomy as it conveys curves and I felt that perhaps the bone looked like it protruded a bit too much.
The stomach was a small edit as it had just one part of distinct shading which again looked a bit to linear. Broke up this shading a bit.
Around the ankle I just took some pixels off as it looked like it was sticking out a bit.
The final edit is on the eye. This one i felt was important as her eye seemed to look as though it was open, I wasn't sure if this was intentional but felt it would be to confusing to work it out as a viewer so I changed it by moving the eyelash down 1 pixel and doing a bit of colouring. I also adjusted the mouth a little but thats just a preference thing I think
I think The B.O.B covered pretty much everything else I would have liked to have said. Shorten shins a tad, add more shine to the hair and apply some more sheen to that skin.
View my Devlog... unless you aren't ready to have your mind blown.

Offline legofreak

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: December 03, 2006, 11:25:40 am
the lower leg is too long... and inversely the upper leg is too short...

think in terms of that magic number PHI - 1.66 (the golden ratio) the lower leg is 1/3 the length of the upper...

and the head is huge... I don't know if that's the effect you want but if were me I'd reduce it down a fair bit.

nice sketch btw - but again.. the proportions are out... and that left hand (on both albeit WIP) doesn't read... think about changing it so it works in silhoette)

funny... I'm working on somethign VERY similar at moment... (will reveal all soon)

keep on pushing!

:)

the golden ratio is actually ~1.62 but effectively yes, you can use 1.66 in most art cases
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 11:29:54 am by legofreak »

Offline Morganne

• View Profile
    • Morki's deviantart

Reply #18 on: December 04, 2006, 11:33:43 pm
There we go:

I really appreciate the edits everyone, it helped a great deal. I think she's almost done, I'm still not too sure about the shading on her belly/leg region, or her outstretched hand, but thats nothing a bit of fine-tuning wont take care of..

Quote from: The B.O.B.
By the way, I'd just like to say it's nice to see some female anatomy with some actual curves, especially of the belly, instead of the same old anime-ish slim girls with zero spots of a True female body.
Thanks! I usually get a bunch of complaints about how "unrealistic" or unappealing my fleshy gals are... but being a gal myself, I know full well what real ladies look like. Its refreshing to hear that I'm not the only one who appreciates a bit of curves.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: December 05, 2006, 01:41:19 am
the only thing i can see wrong with the shading of her stomach, is that it seperates her belly too much.
also, hooray for curves! i honestly thing extremely slim and skinny girls are unattractive, they usually have to have a beautiful face for me to aknowledge any sort of attraction.