AuthorTopic: Help Me Find Small Ways To Improve My Game’s Art for Re-Release  (Read 1689 times)

Offline ExperimentalGamer

• View Profile
Please Read Before Commenting: I released Boot Hill Bounties on Steam last year and it may be coming to another platform in the near future. I thought this would be a good opportunity to find ways to improve some of the pixel art in the game.

BUT I’m not actually looking for general tips that would require me overhaul or recreate the art for the game. It’s already done and remaking art from the ground up would not be feasible at this point. Instead I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for small changes I could make that could go a long way (low hanging fruit).  For example, if I added a darker outline around the character sprites to help distinguish them from the background. That’s a change I could still make.

I realize I might be asking for something that does not exist and any suggestions would require a large overhaul. But I thought it was worth asking at least.

Please visit my website for many screenshots

Offline Kellawgs

• View Profile
Maybe you could try an overall reduction in color count, especially for the background assets. Unfortunately it is clearly not pixel art.

Offline BasseBoi

• View Profile
Even if i, personally, dont like the background asset, it feels like its your style. one thing i noticed is that the trees and bush dosnt match to eachother. Like they are from different games/drawings. But otherwise, it looks fine. Its hard to give tips like low hanging fruit since i dont know the gameplay. But maybe som flowers would maybe be a nice tuch
B^)