AuthorTopic: Please Critique My Pixel Art  (Read 1290 times)

Offline thesydneylad

• View Profile

Please Critique My Pixel Art

on: July 06, 2018, 11:13:14 am
Hey. This is my second pixel art and it went terribly (LoL).
OK, so basically I wanted to redesign this Sonic The Hedgehog boss character as if Akira Toriyama drew it instead. After some time while drawing this, I realized this was a terrible idea, but I wanted to continue for the sake of experience.

My pixel art:

Pic I used for reference:
https://dragon-quest.org/images/2/21/DQII_Hunter_mech.png

I looked at a lot of images, so I did try. I had a really hard time forming the circular patterns and I refused to use the tools because I wanted to figure it out myself.

Once I realized how things were progressing, I decided to primarily focus on trying to create perspectives by using shading via the 'sunlight', which is supposed to be shinning above the character. I couldn't figure out a good color for Dr Eggman's head and I was getting very tired of this project, so I decided to focus on other parts. If it looks like I didn't know what angle to draw the character, you're right. I kept forgetting what it was, which is my own fault. I'll write it down in the future.

If it's hard to critique this kind of work, please tell me and I'll understand. But mostly I'm looking for critiques on shading and if I ended up making any jagged lines anywhere.

This design is missing arms, but I really want to move on to something else. I did the best I could with everything else.

Any advise or words  of wisdom will be copied into a Word document for reference :)

Oh, and I'll be doing simpler pixel art for a while now. I think I've learn't my lesson, LoL.