AuthorTopic: Looking for sprite artist for 16-bit fighting game characters  (Read 2292 times)

Offline Enigami

• View Profile
Hey there. I'm working on an SNES related project, and require a sprite artist that can make fighting game character sprites in a specific style (Street Figher II is similar). I'm looking to have 11-12 characters done, with possibly more work afterwards.

Sprites:
- Character size varies, but the characters will be around 48x72 (average) to 88x80 (large) while in an idle pose, with approximately 60-100 frames.
- Sprites cannot exceed 15 colors, with very limited exceptions. Colors are also limited to 5 bits per channel, though this will not be a requirement as the palette can be adjusted later.
- Animations require low fluidity. A couple examples: a typical idle pose uses 3 frames, and a walk cycle is usually 3-6 frames and used for both forward and backward movement.
- Emulating a specific style is required.

Payment:
-Half up front, half upon completion. Will pay through PayPal.
-If promising, additional basic animations for that character will be commissioned
-If standards are met, commissions can proceed to full characters instead of individual animations.

If you're interested, you can contact me at nathaniel@zanmgt.com
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 02:55:14 am by Enigami »

Offline RollToNotDie

• Calamity_Kyle
    • RollToNotDie
    • CalamityKyle
    • View Profile
    • My Pixel Art Portfolio
I believe I and other artists would be interested in work like this, but the compensation you offering is absurdly low for the level of work you are seeking. Have a look at the "pixel art business guide" stickied at the top of this forum for a better idea of what the ballpark of compensation should be.
For the good of games; to adventure!

Offline Odovedesign

• ODOVEDESIGN
    • BOOMCAKEART
    • View Profile
    • ODOVEDESIGN
What he said, I looked at this and was very interested, but the price range is dire, the level of detail in those types of sprites is immense, and you are looking at 2-3 frames per day for this project
Oscar Dove - ODOVEDESIGN
www.odovedesign.com

Offline Enigami

• View Profile
I apologize, I explained things poorly. I was always going to pay fair rates. I wanted a sample before deciding on a spriter, and wanted to be sure they could do the sprites I need before paying large amounts of money on it. I wasn't sure whether requesting a sample would be free or full price, so I went for a middle ground and ultimately ended up renegotiating the samples with those that have contacted me to a fair price anyway, so I realize I screwed up with asking for the samples that cheap. I will remove that.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 03:03:54 am by Enigami »

Offline RollToNotDie

• Calamity_Kyle
    • RollToNotDie
    • CalamityKyle
    • View Profile
    • My Pixel Art Portfolio
All good, I hope you got what you were looking for!
For the good of games; to adventure!