AuthorTopic: The Official Secret Santa 2006 Sign Up  (Read 161569 times)

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Re: The Official Secret Santa 2006 Sign Up

Reply #120 on: December 19, 2006, 12:57:15 pm
Oh, Panda.
Did you get the PM I sent you earlier today?

Yes, don't worry.
I already added your present to the list.

Offline Souly

• Killer of threads.
    • View Profile
    • Punkys Portfolio

Reply #121 on: December 19, 2006, 12:59:25 pm
Yes, don't worry.
I already added your present to the list.
Alright cool.
My internet cut out, so I wasn't sure if it got through or not.

Alright, now I can sleep. D:

Offline eqko

• ehr !?
    • View Profile

Reply #122 on: December 19, 2006, 10:43:50 pm
yay I just sent of the pm
this was serious fun :)
previously known as equinoxx

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #123 on: December 19, 2006, 11:00:00 pm
Lol damn, i keep wondering whether i've done enough or not. I'm quite pleased with it though. Might PM it soon.  :P

Nobody leave it too late!

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #124 on: December 19, 2006, 11:00:13 pm
erm ok, Ive almost completed my gift but im just wondering if this is ok  :-[ .. Im also taking part in a competition on another forum and the work I've done for my gift is kinda half inspired by the first round's topic (we're given a word to pixel on, if we beat our opponent we go thru to the nxt round..) Im really struck for time so do you think i'd be able to use it elsewhere? because I know its supposed to be a suprise, and it is made especially for my chosen user.. Just.. I just don't know if I have time to do another, and I don't want to rush any for a gift nor my competition entry...  :-X

pweesh elp  :'(
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #125 on: December 19, 2006, 11:55:58 pm
4 days to go, i can seriously see myself finishing off at 11:59.

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #126 on: December 20, 2006, 03:18:57 am
I wrote about that in the first post, but no. (And you should seriously read more carefully, even the PM thing was covered)
-Everyone, at first got assigned a number according to the order they signed in.
-Then I run this once, so if the random generator showed a list with, let's say 89, 45 and 32. The person with number 1 would be 89, the one with 2 would be 45 and so on.
-And then I rerun the random number generator, to pick the order. So it is a chained (twice) random pairing.

Anyway.

4 DAYS LEFT

If you don't have a present for the 23rd of December, you will be banned until the end of January.
(Only those participating of course)
You've been warned before participating though, but just reminding.

honestly, I think it might be the better idea to ban for the month of January instead. This is a busy time of the year and some people do come and post their gifts a day or two later. I know the reason for having a ban, but people should still have the opportunity to post a gift or make it after the deadline. If you ban someone on the 23rd and they cant post their gift until the new year, its their giftee who gets the most hurt.

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Reply #127 on: December 20, 2006, 03:28:57 am
can i send a placeholder gift? it won't be as grand as i would've wanted but i think i might've aimed too high for the deadline :-[
when i get back from my holiday i'll finish it off and all will be well.
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #128 on: December 20, 2006, 07:36:19 am
I really wish there was some way we could get, like, anonymous c&c or something  :lol:.  Mine should be done in time though:y: ;)
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #129 on: December 20, 2006, 07:54:56 am
erm ok, Ive almost completed my gift but im just wondering if this is ok  :-[ .. Im also taking part in a competition on another forum and the work I've done for my gift is kinda half inspired by the first round's topic (we're given a word to pixel on, if we beat our opponent we go thru to the nxt round..) Im really struck for time so do you think i'd be able to use it elsewhere? because I know its supposed to be a suprise, and it is made especially for my chosen user.. Just.. I just don't know if I have time to do another, and I don't want to rush any for a gift nor my competition entry...  :-X

Do whatever you want with your gift as long as you are done by the 23rd.  I'm not responsible about what you do with your pictures.

honestly, I think it might be the better idea to ban for the month of January instead. This is a busy time of the year and some people do come and post their gifts a day or two later. I know the reason for having a ban, but people should still have the opportunity to post a gift or make it after the deadline. If you ban someone on the 23rd and they cant post their gift until the new year, its their giftee who gets the most hurt.

Tough luck. I already warned it on the first post.
Deliver by the 23rd or else you are banned (unless you have a really good reason). If you can't or you think your partner won't deliver, you should have thought about it before signing up.
Not to mention people had about 19 days? Come on, instead of browsing the net or watching tv or whatever, they could have used a couple of hours on it.
Is it that hard to prepare something beforehand instead of rushing for a deadline?
And those not delivering will be getting banned from the 24th of December until the 31st of January. (and it won't be changed)

can i send a placeholder gift? it won't be as grand as i would've wanted but i think i might've aimed too high for the deadline :-[
when i get back from my holiday i'll finish it off and all will be well.

Well, I guess you can, but hope not many people do that.  :mean:

Edit:

BTW 3 DAYS LEFT

And so far I only got 19 entries.
>:0!!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 10:13:05 am by Panda »