AuthorTopic: iOS pixel art app  (Read 3689 times)

Offline DuskWolf

• View Profile

iOS pixel art app

on: March 25, 2018, 03:58:24 pm
I just got a new iPad and was wondering if anyone could recommend an app to do pixel art with it. I have seen a few but some are pay and don’t want to spend money on crap I use for day and figure out it doesn’t really have the tools I need.

I have used the old Pixaki, and they have a new one for $25 I would get it if I knew it was worth it. The only one was pretty good but could use a couple more functions to make it better.

Can any of the normal drawing apps be used for pixel art?

Thanks in advance!

Offline rizer

• View Profile
    • Pixaki

Re: iOS pixel art app

Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 09:30:39 am
There's actually a free trial of Pixaki so you can give it a go and decide for yourself if it's worth the money: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pixaki-viewer/id1228229635?ls=1&mt=8

Other options for pixel art on an iPad are things like Pixen and Pixure. I've heard of some people configuring Pixelmator or Procreate to do pixel art. I haven't tried it myself so I'm not sure how well it works, but it might be worth a go as those two apps are great anyway — there's no animation support though.

Thanks,

Luke (developer of Pixaki  :))

Offline DuskWolf

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 03:43:53 pm
Sorry for not getting back to you earlier, my iPad got stolen then I got a new one and then I broke the screen. Just not having good luck with them at the moment, however I got it situated now and I am up and running again.

Thanks for letting me know about the trial! I will give it a shot!

Those other apps look good but don’t seem as good as Pixaki, and the full drawing apps of course are great I just like the apps that are made for pixel art a bit more, less adapting things.

Offline shawnayadav

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 09:27:24 am
There's actually a free trial of Pixaki so you can give it a go and decide for yourself if it's worth the money: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pixaki-viewer/id1228229635?ls=1&mt=8

Other options for pixel art on an iPad are things like Pixen and Pixure. I've heard of some people configuring Pixelmator or Procreate to do pixel art. I haven't tried it myself so I'm not sure how well it works, but it might be worth a go as those two apps are great anyway — there's no animation support though.

Thanks,

Luke (developer of Pixaki  :))

Luke, I installed Pixaki on my iPad Pro running iOS 11.3. As I open the app it only displays a blank white screen during startup and crash itself. Any help?

Offline rizer

• View Profile
    • Pixaki

Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 06:08:19 pm
Hi Shawn, sorry I’ve only just seen this. Are you still having issues with Pixaki? That’s very strange, I’m not sure what could be happening (especially odd that the screen is white as the launch image for the app is dark gray). If you’re able to send crash reports to luke@rizer.co that would be amazing and I’ll do what I can to get it fixed. Thanks, Luke.