AuthorTopic: [wip] A Tragic home for a doll  (Read 5123 times)

Offline Zwoosh_bosh

• View Profile

Re: [wip] A Tragic home for a doll

Reply #10 on: July 10, 2018, 01:24:21 am

I added wood texture to the wall's and counter, but I think I need to look it over again
Where dah egg's

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Reply #11 on: July 10, 2018, 01:48:10 pm
Better! Looking much more atmospheric and mysterious/creepy now. But why is the candle only illuminating in one direction, why does the white-clad person cast a shadow lighter than the surroundings, and why does the candle light illuminate the entire back wall evenly (the far parts/corners should probably be in shadow)?

Offline Zwoosh_bosh

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: July 11, 2018, 05:20:24 am
Thank's eishiya,  :) but I'm putting off The Kasha and His Wagon. I don't know where i want to go with that character yet, so he is on hold. But here is another character. she is from 1834. I'm trying to get a portrait of sort's for her. so here is where I stopped.

But i'm having trouble with her dress, her portrait will stop at her waist. But the dresses at that point in time had 80's shoulder pads's to the extreme.

so I'm having trouble with her shoulder's. because the shoulder's stop where the arm need's to go, but the addition of the extra shoulder's is kinda messing me up. any help would be appreciated
Where dah egg's

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Reply #13 on: July 11, 2018, 02:33:58 pm
Draw the body underneath the clothing first to sort out the anatomy, then add the clothing.

I recommend finding photo reference instead of drawings, as drawings often misrepresent the structure/function of clothing for the sake of a better visual or due to misunderstandings by the artist. Photos make it easier to make out how the clothing is put together, so that you can draw it more easily. There are also patterns available online for many period dresses that can help you understand how they're put together.

The shoulder poofs of the 1830s were basically big pockets created by gathering and sewing together the fabric at the arm-holes and at the collar or shoulder. To help them keep their shape, one could wear "armbands" with stuffing attached, like this.

Offline Zwoosh_bosh

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: July 14, 2018, 10:48:31 pm

Love how she look's. can't wait to here feedback
Where dah egg's

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #15 on: July 15, 2018, 11:11:24 am
Don't use the mirror tool, you'll almost always make something too wide or too thin, as is the case here with her face.

There's also the matter of humans not usually being symmetrical, it sounds like a small thing but believe me when I say people pick up on it. use this as a sketch layer and go over it again without the mirror tool, try and be loose with it so she has a more natural pose.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Zwoosh_bosh

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: July 23, 2018, 04:34:24 am

Okay i fixed it and made it less mirrorie. but i love how her dress shading look's like a skull.
Where dah egg's

Offline Zwoosh_bosh

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: August 01, 2018, 07:14:49 pm
okay, I made her blue. and finished the smaller detail's I overall like the blue it made it better, overall

also with her royal blue. i fixed some of the masks.

any and all criticism is welcome
Where dah egg's