AuthorTopic: [Feedback] Laelle  (Read 1738 times)

Offline laelle

• laelle_r
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

[Feedback] Laelle

on: July 18, 2018, 05:10:38 pm
Hello !

I'm new into pixel art and i would love to get some feedback to help me to improve  :)
I tried to do a seahorse for the pixel daily challenge on twitter but i am not satisfied with the result...
What do you think , could you help me ?

« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 07:48:15 pm by laelle »

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Re: [Feedback] Laelle

Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 09:32:15 pm
Hi laelle!

Nice seahorse. What was your process?

My favorite part is the pattern and texture of the "scales" or "armor" or whatever you want to call it.  :crazy:

What don't you like about it? I think you a probably getting the same "cluttered" feeling that I am getting?

There is another level of polish available if you are patient enough. Consider the value of a single pixel. When you get it to a point where each pixel is supporting its neighbors, that's when it's really going to feel complete.

This might be hard to do since you started with a large size. Maybe for an exercise, try to redo this at a quarter size, and you will start to notice each pixel matters.

:y:
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Sleepdeprivedartist

• Abandoning this profile because it's...OLD
    • View Profile

Re: [Feedback] Laelle

Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 12:36:49 am
Hi! great work, but I have a few recommendations:

If you look at a real picture of a seahorse you'll notice their tails are a bit thicker than what you've depicted. (although, if what you've done is intentional, your style, etc. then I don't mean to impose.)
Also, I suggest thinning the chest area a little bit. But again, if this is intentional, then nevermind.
maybe the line going down the side of the seahorse should be a bit more knobbly.
Otherwise, very awesome artwork :y: