AuthorTopic: Help Please  (Read 2609 times)

Offline Ping Pong

• View Profile

Help Please

on: November 30, 2006, 01:11:03 am
This is a signature I started making for my friend but he said it really sucked. . . Can anyone help me out a bit.  I think the body shape and proportions is quite off even though the person on the right is meant to be farther away.  Can anyone offer any advice or a touched up example of how the body's should look.  Please help I really want to get better.

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Re: Help Please

Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 01:25:05 am
Ok, where to begin... This piece poses alot of challenges for you I think, because it draws upon many different elements of figure drawing and drawing techniques and theory.

You're going to need to read up/study anatomy and perspective, to really make the image properly.

It might help if you tell us what is going on in the picture, too. Basically the anatomy is off, the perspective is off, you've used the line-tool in too much of the lineart composition, which has created blocky, rough lines. The line tool can be a bit of a time saver in some situations, but really it's best to get used to drawing everything with the pencil tool. Also the composition is unclear, the person on the right seems to be facing away from the person on the left, yet he's thrusting an axe towards him.

I'm kind of uber tired at the moment, but I might sketch up a rough mock of what I think the picture would look like, based on what I believe is going on in the picture and what your intentions are.

Offline Checkworth

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 02:01:24 am
On a completely different note it's good of you to make your friend a signature, honest of him to tell you that it can be much improved, and admirable of you to seek to improve it!  ;D

If I hadn't got homework to do right now I would offer further suggestions but I must be on my way. Just applauding your attitude -- continue in this vein.  :-*

Offline Ping Pong

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 03:59:24 am
I think ill attempt to sketch out a new outline based on human anatomy references and for now I will narrow down the pixel to have only one person.  This will hopefully help in reducing the difficulty and strain of the initial drawing.

WTF is happening!? you might ask...

My friend is obsessed with a game called runescape and explained out a make believe scenario he would like to encounter in the game so i decided to try my hand at it.  The guy on the right supposedly has some funky amazing armor and the guy on the left is supposed to have his head cut open...I think im going to start the sketch now. :huh: