AuthorTopic: Buncha Stuff.  (Read 12897 times)

Offline Razz

• AM I ENDING ALL MY QUESTIONS WITH PERIODS.
    • View Profile

Buncha Stuff.

on: September 17, 2005, 05:28:18 pm
Borrowed some colours from Zach's warewolf for this first one  :P

I might have posted some of these some time ago, I know I did at another board. But they're just random doodles anyway.
is my favourite one.

Offline garsh

• I'll trade you 9 mouses for a pencil.
    • View Profile

Re: Buncha Stuff.

Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 06:31:21 pm
The big one with the starry sky is my favorite. Could you talk a little bit about what's going on in in it? I see some tiny little square guys that look afraid and horrific things seem to be happening to them. One looks to have drowned, another might be getting eaten by the well camoflaged lumps with eyes. I just love the scene and would like to know more about what's going on there.

By the way, in that image with the two simple lines, the word "art" can be seen under them, but on my monitor I can only make it out when I highlight the image. Was that intentional?

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 07:39:16 pm
ditto, i love the starry sky one, that thing is awsome :D
your other stuff is pretty interesting, the one i like the best out of them is the heart one, looks like a design for a shirt or something :D
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 07:45:54 pm
I love these.  The big one is also my favorite.  These are quite simple, yet they still show strong pixel technique.  Good job.

And someone save the drowning one!    :'(

Offline Razz

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 08:28:25 pm
Haha, thanks all. I appreciate it.
And I was joking about the "art" one being my favourite. =P I don't think it even classifies as art.
About the big one, there really isn't anything to explain. I just kinda drew what was coming to my mind at the time and ended up with that. I named it "It Doesn't Matter Where You've Been Before On A Night Like This," if that helps any, haha.

Offline garsh

• I'll trade you 9 mouses for a pencil.
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 10:34:28 pm
Was I right, though, about that one little dude getting eaten alive in the vertical shaft?

By the way, dark colors are supposed to look recessive, right? So shouldn't your cave area be darker than the solid earth surrounding it? As it is, the cavernous areas kind of "pop out" and I think you have to look at it with a deliberate sense of reason to realize what it is. I think if you just glance at it, you don't intuitively know it's a cave.

It just looks generally nice like it is, though, so maybe I'm completely off base.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 03:38:07 am
The first eight look like they might fit into a warioware type game. of them, the 2nd and 6th are my favorite.

The last, big one, though is a masterpiece; beautiful in it's simplicity. Is that a cross in the sky? I 'specially like the star cluster in the corner. This would make for an awesome short platform-adventure game.

Nice with 'em all.

Offline Razz

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 05:14:16 am
garsh: You are right, and you are right. Thus this:

Does it look better?

Xion Knight: Heheh, thanks man. Yeah, it would be cool to make it into some sorta game.
And yes, it's a cross in the sky.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 05:16:26 am by Razz »

Offline LuciferianSoul

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005, 02:31:34 pm
Nifty pixel doodles, I think they're sweet. Love that picture posted above, it looks great.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 03:15:44 pm
dither the darker sky shade with patterns into the next brighter one. I adore this scene, it makes me feel things. Plus I want to play the game ( which you're obliged to make ) now.