AuthorTopic: Random thingers  (Read 9869 times)

Offline Bisque

• View Profile

Random thingers

on: September 17, 2005, 10:07:18 am
Blehh..I wasn't going to post cause i feel akward showing my stuff among all the giants here x_o, but panda wouldnt stop poking me about it rofl.

Some of you probably already know me, or have seen me around here and there I guess.

I don't have much thats new as i've been moving but i have a few things from the past 2 or so months.

Done for the totem pole project on DA but..i was misinformed as to when the due date might be so i missed it since I was moving :/. Palette and cylinder base were made by ryan-gfx ofcourse.

Done just to see if i could do anything iso x_x;.

one of my very -few- animated things, lol. I dislike making animations..i dont have the mind for it i guess.

--

The rest of these are what some would call 'dolls' i guess :/. I know a lot of pixellers don't like them but I enjoy making them from time to time and for the most part use my own 'bases'. So yeah if you dont like dolls, it doesnt matter, i dont need to know that lol. It's still all pixelled. And yes i know the anatomy is off on them, they arent supposed to be that realistic, heh.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Random thingers

Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 01:24:13 pm
what are you talking about, your stuff is great! Love the iso stuff, especially the table with the nicely done reflections. The dolls indeed are not my kind of thing but still well done.

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 06:05:05 pm
You were whiteeyewide, on pixelation before the crash, right? Yeah, I loved your stuff back then, especially that great minnish cap-style house. I loved that thing. One thing that's bothering me about the ketchup bottle is the animation frames are spread out a little too evenly so that they don't really emphasize the expanding and squeezing actions. I know this is more of a gallery thread, so I hope you won't mind that I made an edit that makes better use of certain frames to give it a little punch.

mine

yours

Offline garsh

• I'll trade you 9 mouses for a pencil.
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 06:42:52 pm
Dude, your dolls are fantastic. I especially love the demonic one.

Also, I have to agree with Helm, the  reflections and texture on that table are magnificent. You're an iso genius.

What's the thing on your totem, though? It looks like a one-eyed, warty worm-ghost thing... hovering over some crystals. If that's what it is, you're a wierdo; congratulations in advance.

I would like to see a version of that refrigerator with the door open and the contents visible.

I was going to ask about why the ketchup turns into a heart, but I guess after the bumpy-leech-cyclops-wisp on the totem, nothing else you do has to make any sense.

Offline Bisque

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 06:57:42 pm
what are you talking about, your stuff is great! Love the iso stuff, especially the table with the nicely done reflections. The dolls indeed are not my kind of thing but still well done.

haha i'm just..extremely intimidated by most of you here x_x;. Thanks though <33

You were whiteeyewide, on pixelation before the crash, right? Yeah, I loved your stuff back then, especially that great minnish cap-style house. I loved that thing. One thing that's bothering me about the ketchup bottle is the animation frames are spread out a little too evenly so that they don't really emphasize the expanding and squeezing actions. I know this is more of a gallery thread, so I hope you won't mind that I made an edit that makes better use of certain frames to give it a little punch.

mine

yours

Yup that would have been me, lol. :x I'd actually started working on a second mockup like the one that house was from but i no longer have access to the computer the psd for that was on *sad*.  As for the ketchup, damn, lol. Your edit is deffinitely a lot better than my original, haha. I don't think I'll edit the bottle as its from awhile ago now, but i'll keep your edit around for refference on anything similar i may do in the future =). thanks!

Dude, your dolls are fantastic. I especially love the demonic one.

Also, I have to agree with Helm, the  reflections and texture on that table are magnificent. You're an iso genius.

What's the thing on your totem, though? It looks like a one-eyed, warty worm-ghost thing... hovering over some crystals. If that's what it is, you're a wierdo; congratulations in advance.

I would like to see a version of that refrigerator with the door open and the contents visible.

I was going to ask about why the ketchup turns into a heart, but I guess after the bumpy-leech-cyclops-wisp on the totem, nothing else you do has to make any sense.

haha my totem is of a creature in my head called a penumbra :/. You're pretty much right that it is a one-eyed, wart worm-ghost..thing lmao.

lmao id have to find a decent reff of what the inside of a fridge looks like to be able to do that xD;. But it would be fun i guess.

As for the ketchup, yeah..dont try and make sense out of it >_>;;. You wont get very far.

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 10:45:46 pm
 Wow, those pixels really kick ass. There is one thing I would like to critique. One of the doll's wings is not equivalent of the other wing. The other is blockier than the one that is curvy. It's always easier to do by mirror the wings.

Offline Bisque

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: September 17, 2005, 10:52:51 pm
Wow, those pixels really kick ass. There is one thing I would like to critique. One of the doll's wings is not equivalent of the other wing. The other is blockier than the one that is curvy. It's always easier to do by mirror the wings.

i can not agree or disagree with your critique as i am not sure which doll or what area of the doll you are specifically talkign about, but i WILL dissagree with your suggestion. Mirroring -to me- is a lazy way to get something finished fast.

Offline Alex

• clrclrclrclr
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: September 18, 2005, 01:28:23 pm
ive always loved that ketchup bottle <3
alexander

Offline CrematedPumpkin

• Lord of the Fjord
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: September 18, 2005, 07:08:59 pm
I think the person meant the demonic looking one. I think everything looks fine though.
I.....am......me............

Offline lief

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 04:04:48 am
coolstuff whiteeye. i remember the house.  as per helm, great reflections on table.  might we be catching some more light with a surface that polished? (depends what you are reflecting though, and would also limit the where you could use it)
love the thing in the pole. the crystals don't work for me, the form is fine but the material is too dull... looks crystal shaped but made of wood... this may be your intent of course.  deepen the image by creating more meta-shadow (i can't explain this better, not detail shadow, but whole-image shadow placement... the worm looks flatish and the lighting isn't influenced by his environment at all).