AuthorTopic: [Help Wanted] Urban Gothic Fantasy RPG  (Read 3755 times)

Offline vigamanufacture

• View Profile

[Help Wanted] Urban Gothic Fantasy RPG

on: May 30, 2018, 01:46:42 pm
More information about the story, art, gameplay and music can be found > here <

Synopsis:

Mad Sin is a 2D turn-based RPG set in an urban gothic fantasy setting. The story revolves around a mysterious grey fog that lingers into different areas in the world. When the fog reaches into an area, the area is considered "The Grey Area", which is where the madness happens. The madness involve monsters terrorizing the area, loved ones betraying each other, people going rogue, etc.

The player will be partnered up with a S.P.A.I agent who investigates and resolves paranormal/supernatural disasters. The player takes the role of an S.P.A.I agent working behind the scenes while giving the field agent orders. Also there are characters the player meets in the game who will support the player in stopping what is causing the madness from happening.

The game will be a straightforward turn-based RPG that has it's own story, main quests to complete, side quests to optionally complete, and puzzles to solve. Though I want to take a different approach mainly on presentation since the game mechanics will be mostly the default turn-based battle system present on the game engine. I may utilize some scripts to mix up the gameplay, but not much.

Positions/Roles Needed:

Artists
  • backgrounds: responsible for creating custom backgrounds for cutscenes and battle scenes [2/2 positions available]
  • tilesets: responsible for creating custom tilesets to create the game world [2/2 positions available]
  • sprites: responsible for creating custom sprites for PCs, NPCs, enemies, and animations [2/2 positions available]
  • user interface: responsible for creating custom icons, buttons, text, and text boxes [2/2 positions available]

Note for Artists:
It's fine if you give me at least a sketch of your work. I can finish up your sketches and make them complete.

Writers
  • narrative writing: responsible for crafting the game's story and character dialogue [full]
  • technical writing: responsible for crafting game progression and character stats [full]

Note for Writers:
It's fine if you give me at rough draft of your work. I can finish up your drafts and write up the missing details.

Musicians/Sound Effects Artists
  • music tracks: responsible for composing the game's original sound track [full]
  • sound effects: responsible for crafting the game's original sound effects [full]

Note for Musicians/Sound Effects Artists:
As long as you keep it within the music genre, you're free to let loose and express yourself. For sound effects, try to make sounds not similar to the default sounds that come with the engine.

Developers
  • scripts: responsible for implementing custom or existing scripts in the game [1/1 positions available]

Note for Developers:
As long as you understand the overall gameplay, you're free to suggest what scripts are needed.

Extra Roles
  • marketing (art): assist in promoting the game through promotional artwork [4/4 positions available]
  • marketing (social): assist in promoting the game in multiple social sites and forums [1/1 positions available]
  • comic artist: assist in creating a comic pages that will promote the game [2/2 positions available]
Note for Extra Roles:
While these are extra roles, the extra things to promote the game creates an audience. When you help me promote the game, you in turn promote your work as well.

My Role(s)/Position(s):

-I'll cover these roles-

• Design
  • Art
  • Writing
  • Sound
  • Development
  • Marketing

-I'll outsource these roles eventually-

• Music
  • Marketing

Skill Trade:

If you need some art for your game, I'm good to make quick sketches. Also I'm good to make tilesets, sprites, and animations in the form of pixel art or vector art. Though if you need something complete, send me a PM and we'll discuss more about it.

Goals:

• I'm aiming to create a demo of the game within 3 months
  • I plan on raising funds for the game via Kickstarter or Indiegogo when the demo is done and I get ready to make a crowdfunding campaign
  • If the campaign is successful, I aim to finish this game in 18 months (1 year 6 months) and release the game commercial around the fall season (Q3)
  • Along with the game, I want to produce a comic that has the same story as the game, but there will differences that will serve as a complement to the game. The comic is free to read, but people can donate any amount if they like the comic or they want to support the game's development

Feel free to leave questions or comments on this thread or send me a PM if you're interested or want to ask more questions. Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 07:34:27 am by vigamanufacture »

Offline vigamanufacture

• View Profile

Re: [Help Wanted] Urban Gothic Fantasy RPG

Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 07:00:59 am
I'm still looking for artists who can do backgrounds, tilesets, sprites, and/or user interface

Offline vigamanufacture

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 06:42:01 am
I'm still looking for artists who can do backgrounds, tilesets, sprites, and/or user interface

Offline vigamanufacture

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 07:35:15 am
I'm still looking for artists who can do backgrounds, tilesets, sprites, and/or user interface. No prior experience needed.  ;D

Offline vigamanufacture

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 03:04:12 am
I'm still looking for artists who can do backgrounds and tilesets. No prior experience needed.

Offline vigamanufacture

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: August 04, 2018, 08:05:26 am
I'm still looking for artists who can do backgrounds and tilesets. No prior experience needed.

Offline vigamanufacture

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 08:01:30 am
I'm still looking for artists who can do sprite animations. No prior experience needed.