AuthorTopic: [FILLED] Pixel Artist to Assist in Character Animations for Game  (Read 1773 times)

Offline Mathmortician

• Straight to your hearts, then to your thighs.
    • @MrAdamMeredith
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/164132.htm
    • View Profile
     Help Wanted!      
Looking for Pixel Artist to Assist in Character Animations for Game!

Hello, everyone! My name's Adam and I'm a hobbyist game designer and sometimes hack pixel artist .

I'm working on a game called Hairblade [Working Title], a multiplayer adventure game where characters use their Hairbilities to straighten out an unruly world. And I'm looking for an experienced pixel artist who specializes in character animation to assist in completing the art for the characters.

The core game-play has been completed and programmed, and I've been getting by with some very rough animations, but it really isn't my forte (I can only really do Idles and Walks kinda). The ideal candidate is someone who has a good understanding of animation as it pertains to 2D games, a good sense of motivated movement, and a good sense of weight and space. The pixel art style for this game is very flat, and not super detailed, so clear movement is very important. The work itself will be working with existing designs to create very rough frames of animation, adjusting frames with feedback and play-testing, and final cleanup which may by completed by you or with assistance by me.

As the title implies, this is a paid gig. Personally, I prefer to pay per completed animation, with an estimated price based on the predicted number of hours it would take to complete. That way, payment is more frequent, and it allows for adjustment in case the estimate is under or overshot. But the needs of every artist is different and we can discuss your specific terms.

If you are selected, I will write up a contract and we'll engage in a short, trial basis to see if we get along just fine. ;D

Can't wait to hear from ya! Let me know if you have any questions by replying to this thread!     

Update: I just wanted to let any future applicants know that this position is filled! Thanks to everyone who applied! I'll be sure to reach out with more job opportunities in the future!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 04:15:39 pm by Mathmortician »

Offline A_Fishy_Artist

• @Jamesd_117
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Hey, I sent an email, thanks for the consideration!
Trying to learn everyday

Offline Ito

• 2d/VG artist
    • itoaragon
    • itoaragon
    • itosupersonic
    • itoaragon
    • Manuel Aragón
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio:
Email sent :)