AuthorTopic: Any suggestions on how to improve this tent?  (Read 1519 times)

Offline GDawgTheFab

• View Profile

Any suggestions on how to improve this tent?

on: May 26, 2018, 03:21:25 pm
Outside

Inside

Admittedly I'm not particularly great at drawing cloth and fabric and getting the play of light between the folds and whatnot, any suggestions on how to improve?

Offline BasseBoi

• View Profile

Re: Any suggestions on how to improve this tent?

Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 09:19:54 pm
i did a fast redraw. firstly, i am a beginner so i dont know if these tips n stuff are correct. and i also want to point out that your tent looks great, i just peaked stuff here and there. what i did was

- tried to shade the cloth a more naturly way (i did it one side but you get the idea) i find this a bit of style choice.
 your tent have a bit of pillow shading, and i though it would look better to draw the shape of the cloth.
- i made one side darker, wich indicate that the sun is shining from the right side
- i made your thick lines smaller, it looks really bulky with that strong lines.
- redid the tent opening (only one side so you get the idea)
- made theoutlines a bit softer
- made smal shades from the smal pillar/tree stuff

i hope it helps somwhat

B^)

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: Any suggestions on how to improve this tent?

Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 07:30:15 am
give it a bit more droop. Tents aren't usually that geometric, there's always a bit of sag to 'em that betrays that clean form. Unless it's like a super modern one, it'll look more like this:

As you can see it's got a slightly more organic shape to it, and you can kinda make out where the supports are in it.

Try to apply that to your own take! Just try to avoid those wholly straight lines you have going currently.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |