AuthorTopic: [C+C] Player Character  (Read 2401 times)

Offline DekuJuice

• View Profile

[C+C] Player Character

on: May 20, 2018, 04:08:05 am

Here's the currently unnamed player character for my game.
I tried to imitate Inti Creates' pixelling style a bit, Gunvolt and Zero were my main references.
My art knowledge is a bit lacking, so I'd like to know if there are any glaring anatomy issues, or problems with the pose.
I'm also open to suggestions regarding the character design, since with the coat and color scheme I think it looks a little too similar to Gunvolt right now.

Offline BasseBoi

• View Profile

Re: [C+C] Player Character

Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 07:41:47 am
im a beginner too, tbut the hair looked like a hood at first glanse. I think it would be better if you shaded the hair another way, right now it looks like youve shaded it as a round object. and make the line between face and hair a bit darker maybe. But its look really good in my opinion
B^)

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 02:42:17 pm
Aye. This is a pretty solid go, in addition to roughing up the hair shading a bit I reccomend giving the arms a bit more visual interest so the design feels less bottom-heavy. Note on the gunvolt sprite he has big ol' anime gloves to offset his long legs, and Zero has those big doofy robohands to offset his silly tree-trunk megaman boots
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 02:48:11 pm by MysteryMeat »
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline DekuJuice

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 02:00:08 am
Small update, I updated the hair and added a "demon arm", which will function as the player's weapon. I also played around with the colors a bit since I wasn't happy with the initial color scheme.

Is the hair more readable now?
The arm still needs a bit more work I think, I'm thinking to add some new colors for it so that there's a bit more contrast between the arm and the rest of the body.

Offline Rex_nox

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 04:57:42 pm
I think that is even more difficult to notice the details on the face with this new hair color. I think that your hair color and your skin tone are to near each other so they blend a little. Maybe if you change the hair to another color that doesn't blend would be better, also I would highlight with a lighter color the face. I like your character, keep it going :D

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 09:17:35 am
Aye. The silver-blue hair also give him a more appealing overall color scheme.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |