AuthorTopic: [WIP] Fall, mebbe?  (Read 2548 times)

Offline Lega

• View Profile

[WIP] Fall, mebbe?

on: November 29, 2006, 01:04:21 am
Hey, all!

This is just the beginning/sketch board/WIP area of a tileset that I am working on for an RPG called Knight. You may have already taken a look at the Autumn Tree thread, so here is more of the full deal:

Tileset:

Mockup:

(Cliff style referenced from the Secret of Mana games.)
Comments and critique greatly appreciated, as I know there are many things that need tweaking!
Thanks in advance!  ;D
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 08:27:27 pm by Lega »

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Fall, mebbe?

Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 01:16:01 am
any depth tht you created was lost with the gateway thing. the tiles you have are pretty nice, if not overly refrenced. :P
the depth issue can easily be fixed, or helped atleast.

cheap little tricks for depth :P

Offline Fly

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Fall, mebbe?

Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 02:42:14 am
In a 2D game you want to set a shadow direction from the beginning of making. I see you chose the light to come from the right side... I do the same thing in all games I make..

For the trees you might want to have the leaves on the left side a tad darker.. Also I would suggest a few stone tiles to throw aroudn in the grass in certain places. Stuff that takes 1 minute to make can really make the game feel more alive.

Some weeds, a bush, a few different types of rocks. These are the things that grab the player and keep them there..

OH btw...You see your alternate grass tile? The one right above the bridge... It took me a while to notice it...What I think you should do is add a slightly darker shade of green to some parts of that grass to make it seem taller and more tangled... It will be way more noticable.

Good luck !