AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 95934 times)

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #190 on: December 05, 2006, 01:54:30 am

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #191 on: December 05, 2006, 12:03:24 pm
OMG Halo 3 commercial. Best game advertisement I've ever seen. EVER.

Watch it at www.gametrailers.com !

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #192 on: December 05, 2006, 01:17:42 pm
@Rox: That was pretty neat. Reminded me of an actual movie preview. I wonder if the're going to change anything groundbreaking with the gameplay, seeing as how Halo 3 will definitely be put up against Gears of War in terms of best FPS for Xbox360.

Oh, and I thought I was the only one who got the Earthworm Jim feel from these things:  :n: :y:
my back hurts...

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #193 on: December 05, 2006, 01:20:59 pm
I knew I wasnt the only one! ;D
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #194 on: December 05, 2006, 04:51:22 pm
B.O.B., something relatively radical IS on its way with Halo 3. They've moved all the old functions of the X button to the left and right bumper buttons and put a mysterious function on X that they have yet to reveal. Some believe it's sprinting. Some think the bubble shield thing is a seperate function. But no one knows. We'll see! And Bungie already said they don't consider Gears of War a rival for Halo 3. Halo is a run and run with tactical elements, Gears of War is closer to some Rainbow Six game with taking cover and strategy.

Simply finding out how it all ends is my primary reason for craving Halo 3. Aside from the gameplay which we already know will be astounding...

Offline Evil-Ville

• :))))))))))):
    • View Profile

Reply #195 on: December 05, 2006, 08:24:24 pm
Like the gameplay of Halo and Halo 2 that was basically running in a tunnel? From all console FPS games I've played Halo has to be the worst. Not that I've played many.

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #196 on: December 05, 2006, 08:42:24 pm
Like the gameplay of Halo and Halo 2 that was basically running in a tunnel? From all console FPS games I've played Halo has to be the worst. Not that I've played many.
You probably haven't played Call of Duty, Red Steel, Shadow Ops, Pariah, Killzone... All way worse, gameplay wise.
Halo's levels do get repetitive, I enjoy the large open areas the most.

I don't see how anyone can think Halo is that bad. I think it's like me with Ocarina of Time, I don't like it, but all the fanboys saying how great it is [better then Super Metroid? not a chance] drives me to hate it a lot more than first thought. Just a theory. If you really don't like it after giving it a lengthy chance, then I respect your opinion.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #197 on: December 05, 2006, 08:47:56 pm
Never been into Zelda, I think Halo and Halo2 are ok(but I'm no fanboy of the series), and I'm not into first person shooters...
my back hurts...

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #198 on: December 05, 2006, 09:56:59 pm
If you think Halo was running in a tunnel, you've only played one level. You need to play them all, from start to finish, and be attentive to everything, because unlike some games, Halo is actually more of an experience that has to be had as a whole, or it won't have nearly as much impact. Because everything in the game contributes to it. The art direction, sound direction, the story, the way the story unfolds, the environments it takes place in, and the hundreds of little clues that suggest tales of mysterious thingies around the galaxy. The best thing is that most people won't even notice those things even the second or third time through the campaign.

That's what makes the first game better than the sequel, also. Halo 2 just had a less interesting story... even if the gameplay, technically, is better.

And despite what you just now may or may not have read, I'm NOT a fanboy either. I'm just very interested.

Offline Alex

• clrclrclrclr
    • View Profile

Reply #199 on: December 05, 2006, 10:20:16 pm
MINIATURE WEINER DOG BITCHES!!!

i just wanted to post my animal :(
alexander