AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 95986 times)

Offline Frychiko

• Don't waste garbage here.
    • View Profile

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #90 on: October 21, 2006, 12:12:52 pm
My Azureus stats:

178 days
727 GB downloaded
949 GB uploaded

Bandwidth waster~

Hoping to get a 24" or 30" LCD soon! (most likely Dells)
Still need to keep my 17" LCD for use with my tablet.
Congratulation this story is happy end. Thank you. - Ghost & Goblins

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #91 on: October 22, 2006, 05:36:09 am
I wonder if there's an equivalent to pixel art in the writing community.

"Write a story using 16 words >: ("

That would be pants.
Yeah, I posted these over Punaji. Might give you some Ideas:

I like imposing pointless limitations on myself to get my juices flowing.

100 words exactly:
Why do they think I pressed the button? Someone bumped me. I had to catch myself, didn't I? Or maybe they think it would have been better if I had just let myself fall? I thought they were joking when they said the laser had the potential to...to destroy that. But...but everyone is staring at me. I can even hear their horrified silence over the loud thrumming of the machine behind me. Any second now the machine will stop and then they will all laugh...either that or tomorrow there will be no moon to be found in the night sky.

One day I heard this big crash while walkin' down the street. I felt all tingly and weird, like my whole body had gone numb. I could see, but then I couldn't see; like when you poke one of your eyes out of position so that everything fades and stuff. Anyway, there was a bunch of smoke around, and, when I turned around to look at behind me, I saw me pinned between a car and a tree. It was pretty freaky, so I tried climbing back into me. I guess it worked, but thirty minutes later, I died again.
and
26 sentences, each starting with the next letter of the alphabet, A-Z:
"Am I really here?" Bombs fell from the sky as Lukas looked out from beneath the overturned tank. Carnage was spread all about the city and the bodies of nazi troops flew into the air as the bombs hit the ground.
Dead. Everything was dead. From the filthy, blood-clogged gutters to the shrapnel-ridden street; from the grey and red-stained sky to the grey and red-stained earth.
"God, please, save me. Help me." In all his time as a nazi, Lukas had killed countless Jews and Americans, but never once gave any a second thought. Just that fast, as the bombs came crashing down, all the faces of the dead - the ones he killed - came rushing back in a wave of reconciliation.
Killing was easy; a euphoric rush of red and power, but dying...Lukas never knew how emotionally tormenting the process of death could be. Mortified, Lukas' eyes instinctively locked on the bomb that didn't move; the bomb that simply expanded as it drew nearer and nearer.
"No longer can I kill." Over and over, Lukas thought this. "Please Lord, forgive me...Quit this torment; end my life." Rising was the scream of the bombs as they whistled ever closer. Seconds turned to minutes, turned to hours, in what seemed an eternity. Though his comerades beckoned him to join them in their shelter, just fifty meters away, he remained affixed to his position. Under the charred remains of the tank, he waited for his inevitable demise.
Voices of the dead echoed in his mind as the grasp of death rushes ever closer. When time resumed, Lukas was gone; taken by an explosion that he would never hear.
Xenophobic minds created this war, and the evils of the world are consuming us ever more. Youth, cut in its prime and devoured by hatred, Lukas left the world filled with fear and acceptance of his fate. Zion was never reached.

Fun stuff.

Sometimes there're good challenges here.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #92 on: October 24, 2006, 05:14:48 am
kiddies, always save frequently!

so i was working in timanthes, and it seemed to be the most promising start of a pixel ive had in a while. then BAM error and it needs to be closed. i couldnt even prntscrn and paste to salvage something, it turned into a red triangle!
grr.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #93 on: October 24, 2006, 01:33:04 pm
Never crashed for me. But yes, save often.

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #94 on: October 24, 2006, 02:11:04 pm
Completely off topic, but what programs do people recommend for making fighting games? A friend told me MUGEN was good, but I have no clue what my options are. ???
Oh, I just saw this. Look up Fighter Maker 2nd. I couldn't find a working link on the 'net, but I got a copy from someone.
And yeah, it's pretty easy to use. All things considered, at least.
MUGEN sucks, FYI. At least- you don't really make games, just make the resources and whatnot. I'm pretty sure you can't make EXEs with it. But, if you don't mind that, then it's good enough.

I'll PM you.

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #95 on: October 24, 2006, 10:53:24 pm
that was weird.  I found this through google...

http://sylvainhb.blogspot.com/2006/09/cute-pixels.html

basically this guy did a whole study about the art on my website (not the gallery, but the site itself).  Which is quite funny because i didn't put much love into the design as i should have.  anyway, it was flattering.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #96 on: October 24, 2006, 11:37:49 pm
that was weird.  I found this through google...

http://sylvainhb.blogspot.com/2006/09/cute-pixels.html

basically this guy did a whole study about the art on my website (not the gallery, but the site itself).  Which is quite funny because i didn't put much love into the design as i should have.  anyway, it was flattering.

Woah man, that's pretty neat.  8)

Offline TheAbyss

• View Profile

Reply #97 on: October 25, 2006, 11:41:17 am
Indigo your avatar is so cool! MmMmMm......conspiracy's. http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/
Japan + Canada = Japanada

Offline Franky G

• View Profile

Reply #98 on: October 29, 2006, 07:45:31 am
is it just me, or is it not so easy to select an avatar right now?

Offline TheAbyss

• View Profile

Reply #99 on: October 29, 2006, 09:23:38 pm
No your right. I didn't even make mine. lol pumpkinz>>  :P
Japan + Canada = Japanada