AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 96450 times)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #50 on: September 28, 2006, 01:53:35 am
I disliked Zelda
I hated Zelda 2
I loved Zelda 3
I LOVED Zelda: LA
I loved Zelda: OOT
I liked the Oracles
I Loved Zelda: WW
I loved  Zelda: Minish Cap
I'll love Zelda:TTP

I abhorred Donkey Kong
I loved Mario bros.
I loved Super Mario Bros.
I loved Super Mario Bros. 2
I loved Super Mario Bros. 3
I loved Super Mario World
I loved Super Mario World 2: YI
Mario 64 was the best game in history, without any possible equal. It's inspirees, however (Crash bandicoot, Spyro, etc.), sucked horribly.
I HATED Super Mario Sunshine.
I'm undecided about SMG.

Starfox rocked
Starfox 2 rocked
Starfox 64 rocked
Starfox: Assault = WTF!?

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #51 on: September 28, 2006, 03:04:34 am
majoras mask xion?

Ive never really understood all the hatred for sunshine... i love that game, all the levels just feel like areas, like the area outside the castle in sm64, Im sure everyone here can admit to just jumping round outside there for a couple hours. thats what every level felt like to me
I mustve clocked in several hours just running and diving around the beaches in sunshine, running along the roof tops squirting all the birds down, jumping on the ropes lol..

the only mario game I dont really like is new super mario bros... just not feeling it  :-\

infact, Im gonna go play sunshine now
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Wolverine

• View Profile
    • Amon Design

Reply #52 on: September 28, 2006, 08:15:41 am
I abhorred Donkey Kong
I loved Mario bros.
Mario 64 was the best game in history, without any possible equal. It's inspirees, however (Crash bandicoot, Spyro, etc.), sucked horribly.
I'm undecided about SMG.

Personally thought while Mario 64 was 'groundbreaking' for being a decent 3D platformer, it still didn't play anywhere near as well as Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island.  Found it very mediocre much like New Super Mario Bros.  I've given up on Nintendo.  Found it hard to find anything I've loved of theirs since before 1996 (with the possible exception of Metroid Zero Mission)
keep on moving, lil dude...

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #53 on: September 28, 2006, 02:10:05 pm
I abhorred Donkey Kong
I loved Mario bros.
I'm undecided about SMG.
Mario 64 was a really great game, but it's not really fun for me to play. My favourite one would have to be Super Mario World, then New Super Mario Bros [it's pretty sweet, actually].

I'm not looking forward to Super Mario Galaxy, 'cause Nintendo seems to enjoy ruining perfectly good series' over time [Super Mario, Metroid, Kirby...]

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #54 on: September 28, 2006, 02:29:23 pm
I dunno what everyones problem with Sunshine is really. I enjoyed it. Super Mario Bros. 3 on the NES is still supreme tho.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #55 on: September 29, 2006, 12:40:32 am
majoras mask xion?

Gah, how could I miss one?
I could've liked Majora's Mask more, and I don't know why I didn't, but it didn't feel right. The world was nice, as were the masks, quests, etc., but the main quest just didn't seem...questy enough.

A Word on Sunshine: The graphics were wonderful, and I enjoyed cleaning up the graffiti, but Mario 64 set the standard for my expectations of a 3d Mario game, and Sunshine just didn't seem to deliver. I would have liked some more physical attacks as opposed to spraying everything. The delightful familiarity of classic mario enemies was gone and  they completely screwed up the koopas. Even if they did get rid of "classic" baddies, a wider variety would be nice, too. I got tired of those big pirhanna plants real quick. The final Boss was easier than anything I've ever done before. Bowser's voice in the end...reminded me of spike from Tom & Jerry. But mostly, it was just the FLUDD that hindered my enjoyment. As a means of locomotion it was fine, but it took away from the feeling of action and danger that comes from getting up close and personal with an enemy. I would rather run up and punch or jump on something, using the FLUDD for parts of boss battles and a select few enemies.

Ive never really understood all the hatred for sunshine... i love that game, all the levels just feel like areas, like the area outside the castle in sm64, Im sure everyone here can admit to just jumping round outside there for a couple hours. thats what every level felt like to me
Yeah, but after a while I need some kind of objective.

[Super Mario, Metroid, Kirby...]
What's wrong with the new Metroids? I think they did an awesome job bringing the series into the 3d realm.

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #56 on: September 29, 2006, 01:10:02 am
What's wrong with the new Metroids? I think they did an awesome job bringing the series into the 3d realm.
Controls for one. I did play it at a pretty unpleasant setting, but still. Super Metroid is my favourite game, Metroid Zero Mission is really high up on the list, so the simple fact that it's a FPS kinda ticks me off. Not to say that FPS's aren't good, but the Metroid series should have no part in it. IMO.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #57 on: September 29, 2006, 01:21:14 am
I would not say Metroid Prime is an FPS per se. Even tho it is fist person the major thing is still exploring and shot shooting, also much much much easier controls that other console "FPS" games. I thought Retro did an awesome job, still one of the most emmersive first person view games EVER.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #58 on: September 29, 2006, 02:16:08 am
Metroid is an action-adventure platformer from a first person view, eh? I used to dislike the controls, too, but after a while they grew on me. Much easier for us non-FPSers who still enjoy strafing around prey.

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Reply #59 on: September 29, 2006, 02:26:01 am
It's not like they haven't been making more traditional Metriods at the same time, though.  You have to go in new directions or else you might as well play the original.