AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 95948 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #30 on: September 26, 2006, 11:41:47 am
New rules. Just letting everybody know, old and new users, so they know what they're getting themselves into.

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #31 on: September 26, 2006, 03:07:34 pm
Well, they don't suck per se, I find them boring to play. Maybe it's the fact that Ocarina of Time is considered the best game ever that ticks me off. Or maybe it's just my taste.

My favourite Zelda game is the Minish Cap, I had a lot of fun with it ['til I got stuck and didn't know where to go], graphics are nice, music is nice. It's very well done.

It's a little sad that we need a whole forum for the rules, when they can be simplified down to the 'don't be an ass' rule.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #32 on: September 26, 2006, 03:15:20 pm
Well, it's not as simple as that really. There is other stuff which needs to be pointed out and some of it is just guidelines and suggestions on how to post, not really rules.
And they are in a seperate forum so noone can claim not having seen them.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #33 on: September 26, 2006, 03:55:06 pm
Mccow28: The "don't be an ass" rule is not half as important as the "post your reference" rule, since that's what we have problems with 90% of the time. Also, you and I well know Pixelation's policies, but you can't expect new members to know them if you don't write them down in grotesque explicit threads, so they simply CAN'T come up with the "oooh, sorry, I had no idea ripping off someone else was prohibited" stuff you see all the time.

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Reply #34 on: September 26, 2006, 07:05:01 pm
The 3D Zelda games on N64 are generally considered to be the best Zelda games to date. I love them with all my heart...

I do too.  8)
Ocarina Of Time: Potentially considerd the greatest game of our time!

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #35 on: September 26, 2006, 08:11:17 pm
LOZ:OOT is my favourite game to date. Along with advance wars and fire emblem.
I also really liked minish cap (of which i've yet to complete.. got annoyed when the guy wouldn't restock the final sculpture thing) but i think the story and depth of the game lacks in comparison to OOT - of which i got really into.

And i think the RULES board will work. Shame it has to be there, but that's how the cookie crumbles. I don't find it too hard to just ignore really (of course, after i read it all..).  ;)

Offline Takai Soyokaze

• View Profile

Reply #36 on: September 26, 2006, 08:24:17 pm
I don't know ptoing, it seems... excessive? I would simply pin it in each forum. But hey, your desicion.

Offline Wolverine

• View Profile
    • Amon Design

Reply #37 on: September 26, 2006, 08:26:02 pm
The 3D Zelda games on N64 are generally considered to be the best Zelda games to date.

Not by me they ain't.  I loathe the N64 Zelda's, especially OoT, with a passion.  Just recently got rid of my 2nd cartridge (was bought in a bundle of other carts originally and first cartridge of it I had smashed few years back) of it on ebay.  I still love Link to the Past though my all time favorite Zelda is easily Link's Awakening on the original Gameboy.  Is the only game I've ever played where I really got involved with the lil story and it just has so much charm which was totally lacking for me in OoT.  And I get severely pissed off when I read comments like in Retro Gamer that state if someone doesn't like OoT they must be lying.  Cos god forbid anyone has a different opinion...

Anyways just wanted to post and say nice to see 'Pixelation' up now.  Decent skin too.  That's pretty much all I had wanted to say.
keep on moving, lil dude...

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #38 on: September 26, 2006, 08:51:11 pm
I still love Link to the Past though my all time favorite Zelda is easily Link's Awakening on the original Gameboy.
Yeah, I have that. It's a lot of fun, but for some reason parts from that game and parts from Link's Awakening blur together in my mind. So when thinking of it I'm really thinking of Link's Awakening, and the other way around. I enjoyed Link's Awakening a lot, but not unlike Minish Cap I got stuck at a part and haven't played it since. In fact, I'm gonna dig it out when I get home. Thanks for reminding me.  ;)

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #39 on: September 26, 2006, 08:55:27 pm
Ah yes, one of the first games i got and played properly was Links Awakening. Loved it.. but never completed it.. not sure where it is now though  :ouch: