AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 95907 times)

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #40 on: September 26, 2006, 09:07:43 pm
 :ouch: <-Looks like he's wearing a monocle.

Offline Morganne

• View Profile
    • Morki's deviantart

Reply #41 on: September 26, 2006, 09:16:40 pm
Wow, its pixelation! I dont know how I forgot about this place. I missed it so <3
*runs off to art*

Offline Wolverine

• View Profile
    • Amon Design

Reply #42 on: September 26, 2006, 09:18:50 pm
Yeah, I have that. It's a lot of fun, but for some reason parts from that game and parts from Link's Awakening blur together in my mind. So when thinking of it I'm really thinking of Link's Awakening, and the other way around. I enjoyed Link's Awakening a lot, but not unlike Minish Cap I got stuck at a part and haven't played it since. In fact, I'm gonna dig it out when I get home. Thanks for reminding me.  ;)

I found Link's Awakening actually fairly easy (still just love playing it over and over despite that) and have finished it many times on a real Gameboy and on emulation (I play it with my PC connected to the big TV and set to stretch to max just to have super chunky Link).  It's a sweet lil ending that is one of my all time favorite moments in video games.  Also gets a lil extra thing if you finish it without dying at all on that save file (as in if you die just reload, do not continue).  Just occurs to me that I've not finished the DX version before.  That'll be my task then for the next couple weeks or so.  Am curious if they added anything to the ending like that have ingame (the extra dungeon and the photographs being the most obvious extras)
keep on moving, lil dude...

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Reply #43 on: September 26, 2006, 09:35:22 pm
So is someone going to make an Official Pixelation Off-Topic Creativity thread?  Shall I do it?

Offline goat

• bl33t
    • View Profile

Reply #44 on: September 26, 2006, 10:36:00 pm
edit: i restickied the old one just in case anyone missed anything during our little turbulent period.  Once that gets too bloated we can lock and restart as usual :p
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 11:43:45 pm by goat »
typing ewith fdace

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Reply #45 on: September 27, 2006, 04:45:09 am
I think we should have a pixel sketch thread for everyone to post stuff that's unrefined and will most likely not be finished.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #46 on: September 27, 2006, 07:23:34 am
New rules. Just letting everybody know, old and new users, so they know what they're getting themselves into.

a welcome addition, but could you please change the board description to not be all caps? just seems a bit.. obnoxious ^-^
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #47 on: September 27, 2006, 07:52:25 am
... You guys... I love this place...
Freaking awesome job. I disappear for a couple of weeks, and this happens when I get back.

A forum worthy of feeling like home, now! I honestly still don't like the smilies, I still think a yellow circle with a face should remain a yellow circle with a face.. but then again, I never use them anyway, so what do I know?

Wheee, Pixelation.  :y:

[edit] Now I need to make me a new avatar, though... darn you guys. [/edit]

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #48 on: September 27, 2006, 08:04:10 am
It sounds obnoxious and condescending to you, Takam, that understand and care for being civil and proper in the forum intuitively. But it's not there for you so much as new people, or people with less intuitive politeness than you. The less visible we make it, the more people we'll get that will disregard it. Please endure.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #49 on: September 27, 2006, 08:23:46 am
fair enough  :y:
Life without knowledge is death in disguise