AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 95918 times)

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Re: Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #200 on: December 06, 2006, 02:00:12 am
Clr, I hope you're wearing some clothes behind that camera, cuz that dog is petrified of something...I can see the fear in his eyes :P
my back hurts...

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #201 on: December 06, 2006, 02:06:52 am
That looks like a mini rottweiler. Which is awesome.

It can kick mini asses.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #202 on: December 06, 2006, 04:57:44 am
anyone else seeing :n: and :y: as an earthworm jim-ish take on thumbs up and down rather than antlers (assuming)?
Old brown banana peels.

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #203 on: December 06, 2006, 11:35:17 pm
Has anyone here played Gunstar Super Heroes for GBA? I almsot bought the game a while back when it was going for cheap at wallymart. I demoed itthe other day and now I'm glad I didn't get it. Total stinker. I can't understand how it's gotten such good reviews. The boss fights I tried were cramped on screen, movement is less smooth and animation/attacks are a lot jerkier than I remember. There are much more annoying shoot'em up levels, the ones I tried you had to dodge fire while takingup a 1/5 of the screen.. The combo system is gone and the weapons are nerfed. You can't toss people anymore; instead you can only use a crappy sword, which cannot even approach what you might call a replacement for the gunstar toss. I can't believe the same ppl behind Astroboy and Gunstar Heroes(GENESIS) made this travesty.

If anyone here has played this but not the original, do yourself a favour and do so now.

Gunstar Super Heroes = gay^5

One last thought, anyone who's played the original remembers the sweet-ass mine level with the minecart that lets you jump from the ceiling to the floor and vise versa by double-tappign jump. In GSH, jump once moves you to the middle of hte screen, tap jump again and you move you the rest of the way. Lame , stupid and destroys everything that made that level fun. I dont even want to go into the other travesties this crap remake inflicts on the original.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 11:43:02 pm by crab2selout.png »

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #204 on: December 07, 2006, 04:47:41 am
on the subject of halo. halo1 had a pretty cool single player game, some nice and memorable levels, decent multiplayer too. halo2 had awful single player and fun multiplayer if you balance the weapons properly.

it doesnt deserve the praise it gets, but compared to all the other crap on xbox its worthy of some attention
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #205 on: December 07, 2006, 07:23:43 am
all cats should die......twice

I've had a cat immobilize me for over a week because it bit through my leg muscle tissue for no apparent reason.  heck, it was purring while I was petting it, and the next second it was latched onto my leg. (worst cat bite the Dr had ever seen)  I've had a cat claw my face open during a road trip.  I've had one jump into my travel-bag and commence peeing all over all clothes I had for a vacation I was on (as well as my PDA).  It seriously jumped through the tiny whole I had left open on my bag and decided that it was the best spot to pee.  There was tons of other spots it could have gone such as other people's clothes scattered around, but no.  It had to be in the *tiny* little backpack of mine in which it could barely fit itself.  there was a perfectly good litterbox feet away.  I've had another cat who was literally retarded and had split personalities, I swear.  Cats are no fun.  If I see one on the road, I *WILL NOT* hesitate to smash it to the ground; Kitten, cat, cat-dog, what-have-you.  They are a mistake of nature.

set aside all of my expiriences with them, they are just stuck-up, stubborn, idiots.  They wont come when you call their name (and the definately do know their name), they expect tons and tons of attention with nothing in return, and they never listen to *anything* you say.  Its always *their* way or no way.  sounds alot like women. :P

bah!

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #206 on: December 07, 2006, 08:04:13 am
Heh, I've had cat troubles before. I had colic when I was an infant, and female cats usual kill their young if the kitten is sick. All of my crying must've brought out the maternal side of my cat and she would attack me. I think she suffered a few kicks down the stairs for it though. She had so many problems though, so it's easy to understand her being pissed. Half a tail (got cut off by the fan of an engine she was sleeping on because it was warm when she was a kitten), couldn't detract her front claws, was blind for the last third of her life, had high blood pressure and of course, had to deal with me. I was never mean to her. I just didn't leave her alone. I'd pet her until she'd had enough and then if I kept petting, which I usually did, she'd attack.

Ironically, her name was Buddha.

I prefer dogs, but cats are alright. Just depends on the animal and how they were raised.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #207 on: December 07, 2006, 01:47:01 pm
I Agree with Indigo, here. I'm completely a dog person. I don't see the fascination in people who love cats. Of all the cats I've seen as pets, ONLY ONE has ever been playful, or responsive. The majority of cats I've seen give no care what so ever as to who feeds them. I find them very snobbish, and practically skitzo-fied. I remember once  I was taking a shower, and a friends cat was in my room as I walked in with nothing but my birthday suit, and a towel. As soon as I headed toward my clothes, the damn cat tried to attack my "giggle stick", and I immediately threw it's ass half way across the room. I wanted to kick it so bad, but it wasn't my cat. I'm a dog person, all the 'effin way.(Damn, I miss my pit bull...)
my back hurts...

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #208 on: December 07, 2006, 02:13:01 pm
cat stories eh?

well, a year or two ago, I was biking home from.. somewhere  :-\ and this cat was sitting on top of a fence, as they do. I continue biking, just as I'm about to pass it, it jumps down I swerve to avoid it and go into this hedge, and it was the most annoying hedge ever, consisted of dried sticks and branches, I got all these sticks 'injected' up my fore-arms and my hands all cut open, my face was cut a bit too.

was really painful, especially having to pull the sticks out, biking home the wind really stung and then going to the doctors :-\

and of all the cats Ive ever known, my old cat was the only one Ive liked, she knew her name had a good personality and knew a few commands, at that time I figured that was the norm. dogs is pretty much the opposite :y:
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Reply #209 on: December 07, 2006, 02:57:47 pm
There is the weirdest cat outside my house... he sort of moans...