AuthorTopic: How To Upload An Image  (Read 2396 times)

Offline thesydneylad

• View Profile

How To Upload An Image

on: May 13, 2018, 01:07:13 pm
Hi, my name's Michael.

I just signed up and tried to make a post to critique my pixel art attempt, but I can't find a way to upload the PNG file.

I looked at the 'Help' section and the closest I got was reading this:

Attachments - If enabled, this feature allows users to attach files to their posts in the same way as most e-mail clients. Users simply have to browse to the relevant files on their computer before selecting Post. Multiple attachments, up to the limit set by the administrator, can be added to a single post by selecting the Additional Attachments link. Users can delete their attachments or add more by modifying their posts. The permitted file types and sizes are set by the forum administrator. Some forums may display image attachments in line with the post or show them as thumbnails below the post.

Do I have to wait 24 hours until I can post an image or something? I have no idea.

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Re: How To Upload An Image

Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 01:18:48 pm
You'll have to use a 3rd party host such as Imgur, and then use the IMG BBCode tags to include the image in your post. Imgur provides copy+pastable code for this.

Offline Hoogo

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 05:51:02 pm
In short, this is what I do, works the same for images, gifs etc.
  • Open imgur
  • upload image
  • when uploaded right click on it and chose "open image in a new tab"
  • if it doesn't work, refresh and retry, it should now have opened a new tab
  • click on the new tab, and copy address
  • in pixelation.org click "insert image" or type [ img ] [/img ] (without the spaces) and paste your link in-between
  • You have successfully posted an image on the forum, congratulations!

Hope this helps :)

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 06:14:20 pm
You can save a few steps of Hoogo's instructions if you have an Imgur account and use the desktop version of the site. If you click the image after uploading, it gives you all these options, including the prepared BBCode:
Screenshot (a bit large, so I don't want to embed it).