Nintendo Wii
MS xbox 360
Sony PS3
Wii & 360
Ps3 & 360
Ps3 & Wii
All 3
none

AuthorTopic: Wii, 360 or Ps3?  (Read 28748 times)

Scotteh

Re: Wii, 360 or Ps3?

Reply #60 on: December 08, 2006, 09:14:06 pm
Santa better give me a Nintendo Wii for Christmas!!!!!

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #61 on: December 09, 2006, 03:41:23 pm
OK, so yesterday I got up at 5.30 in the morning and took the bus into town. I had checked ahead of time and got to the gamestore first. The larger stores had around 30-60 people in line allready, so I was really just lucky. I was guessing they were opening at 8. After an hour in the rain another guy joins the line. Nobody opens. Another hour goes by and the guy contacts his friends to join the short line. Another random guy joins. The third hour passes and the guy's friends arrive. We are now 6. After standing there four hours they finally open the store. We all walk in and I fish out my cash. "We only have 6 consoles left." They said 9 the day before, but no matter, I'm first in line. "... and they are all going to the first pre-orders."

None of us got a single console. All the other stores were now sold out. I couldn't feel my toes. I am slightly ticked off...

And in other other news, I found the price they are tagging on the PS3. 1186$ ...

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Reply #62 on: December 09, 2006, 04:34:55 pm
that's a bummer snake... I really feel for you... but did you genuinely think you'd get a launch console wiothout pre-ordering one... like 16 days before xmas?

at the end of the day... do you really need one that desparatly?

I know that I'm waiting a whole year before I grab myself one? why? - 1. cos I'm going travelling & 2. because we'll be into the 2nd wave of games by then... 3. no doubt they'll do different colors (I'm not a fan of the Ipod white myself - rather black) 4. undoubtedly next year they'll get even cheaper...

;)

Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #63 on: December 09, 2006, 05:21:58 pm
that's a bummer snake... I really feel for you... but did you genuinely think you'd get a launch console without pre-ordering one... like 16 days before xmas?

at the end of the day... do you really need one that desparatly?

I know that I'm waiting a whole year before I grab myself one? why? - 1. cos I'm going travelling & 2. because we'll be into the 2nd wave of games by then... 3. no doubt they'll do different colors (I'm not a fan of the Ipod white myself - rather black) 4. undoubtedly next year they'll get even cheaper...

;)

Heh, in all honesty I don't need one at launch. Never did the queue thing before, so I though I'd give it a go. The people had actually informed me that they had 9 consoles for unreserved sales the day before, so when they changed their minds all of a sudden, I can't help feeling a little cheated.

The reason I would prefer to get it early is really because of spoilers. I got Majoras Mask for the N64 late, and by that time I allready knew the entire plot due to people making pictures of it or showing off all the details in an orgy of screenshots and text. People have already begun posting pictures at Deviantart and whatnot and it's just a matter of time before something crucial in Twilight Princess is revealed. I'm not so hooked that I can't live with that, but it's always a bit bitter.

Offline Frychiko

• Don't waste garbage here.
    • View Profile

Reply #64 on: December 10, 2006, 04:07:32 am
Sell it on ebay. Buy three more with the profits later on.
Congratulation this story is happy end. Thank you. - Ghost & Goblins

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #65 on: December 13, 2006, 09:02:51 am
Snake: 680bucks? It's 250€ in Holland...meaning about 300bucks or something, that's including Zelda.

Offline Matriax

• View Profile
    • MATRIAX PIXEL GRAPHICS

Reply #66 on: December 16, 2006, 11:27:32 am
Wiiiiii are the champion... !!! XD

I go now to get the Wii. I think is all sold but well i hope not... if not wait to 22dic for the nexts sends of Wii's.

If any not know, is 100% compatible with gamecube games, and with the emulator of the wii can play to N64,nes,snes,megadrive and turbografx games!!. All thanks to the VC(virtual console), you need pay to download this old games with "wii points" but well... virtual console is being hacked and you can play F-Zero of snes with a SD :) .

I think the Wii Will Win the battle of the next generation of this, and for the moment the uds sold are more big than the ps3, for the moment:

PS3: 460.000 Uds. Sold
Wii: 1.760.000 Uds. Sold

And Wii is The Fastest Selling Console In History (http://www.digitalbattle.com/category/wii/)

For the moment not have much good titles, but well is more fun, and think the PS3 lost this battle. PS1 and PS2 wins at N64 , and gamecube/XBox respectively.

And all this the benefits are users :) .

Offline roobv

• View Profile

Reply #67 on: December 19, 2006, 03:12:10 am
yeah... been trying to get hold of a wii for about a month now :S they're impossible to find :'(
Wii or 360 for me.

Offline skeddles

• I love these emoticons.
    • View Profile
    • Skeddles.com

Reply #68 on: December 20, 2006, 01:52:16 am
I don't like to spend my money on video games too often, i personally find the a waste of time.

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #69 on: December 20, 2006, 07:45:56 pm
Finally got my wii :D
12 days after launch, but ah well.
It feels so neat. :0