AuthorTopic: indicate my failures  (Read 1566 times)

Offline Anokolisa

• https://twitter
    • View Profile

indicate my failures

on: May 07, 2018, 11:28:05 am
Hello everyone, I'm new here and I study pixel art at 6 months, relentlessly, but lately I find myself stuck in a kind of dead zone, where it seems like I do not walk in any direction regardless of how much I study.
then I would like the community's true opinion on some of the characters, thanks a lot

« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 11:48:41 am by Anokolisa »

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Re: indicate my failures

Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 12:40:41 pm
Did you save this as a JPG at some point? There's a huge amount of colours in this, it all looks a little blurred. Could you please upload a clean version so that people can inspect your pixel work and make edits?

The character on the left appears especially blurry. If that's not a compression/saving artefact, then try using fewer colours so that each colour gets a nice big area to do its job.

You seem to be shading each part of each character separately, instead of taking into account the overall form of the character, so they look a bit flat. You're also adding highlights almost everywhere, which means every part of the character is clashing for the viewer's attention. Impose a visual hierarchy: use greater contrast (=using both shadows and highlights) in important areas, such as faces and the character's fighting tools (fists, weapons) or whatever their "signature" feature is; use lower contrast (stick to just shadows and midtones, or even just midtones) for anything that's not so important.

Offline tecnologgamer

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 11:56:40 pm
The tips from Eishiya is right.

I think from the right is the best of tree. Besides, the left one is really blurry, can't see he/she left arm, although I like the design so much, and don't use so many colors, it's will really hard when you animated it.

Offline BasseBoi

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 08:23:14 am
I found the 2nd and the 3rd readable on a distanse, but not the first one. Maybe redo a bit of the line work or shadows will help.
B^)